Meet Campus Correspondent Ameara Harb

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Without our Campus Correspondents, we wouldn’t have a Her Campus Emerson! Meet Ameara Harb, one of HCE’s two CCs. 

Name: Ameara Harb

Major: Marketing Communications 

Year of Graduation: 2015

Hometown: Wilbraham, MA… the home of Friendly’s!

Three words to describe yourself: Reliable, Ambitious, Understanding

How did you first get involved with Her Campus Emerson? I got involved with Her Campus national before HC Emerson. I interned at their offices the second semester of my freshman year, and the following fall decided to join Emerson’s branch as a part of the marketing staff.

What does your job as Campus Correspondent entail? As Co-Campus Correspondent, I have my hands in everything involved with the branch. This includes a wide range of tasks from choosing staff members, leading meetings, and creating editorial calendars, to editing articles, drafting social media posts, and interacting with brands looking to partner with our chapter. 

How has being a part of Her Campus affected your college experience? Being a part of Her Campus has been really integral in my college experience. I’ve made a lot of great friends and gotten to do a lot of really cool things. I’ve been able to combine my love of writing with my love of marketing and practice my leadership skills, all at the same time. 

What else are you involved with on campus? During my time at Emerson, I’ve been a part of a variety of marketing staffs for EmComm, em Magazine, PRSSA, and The EVVY Awards.

What do you do outside of school and on-campus organizations? I’ve had a few really amazing internships, and right now I am working at Cone Communications as a Public Relations Intern in their Brand Communications department. Other than that, I love to cook, go to concerts, and try to visit Disney World as often as possible!

What is your dream career? I want to pursue a career in Public Relations, ideally working within the food or entertainment industry.

What is one thing you’ve learned during your time as HC Emerson’s CC? Deadlines are important, even when it comes to school publications. Being accountable and on time with your work goes a long way and helps create trust within a staff. I’ll definitely take these lessons with me into my future career!

What do you hope to leave HC Emerson with when you graduate? I hope to leave the staff with a strong structure in place so that the HC Emerson branch can continue to grow and have a larger impact on Emerson’s female student body. Since I have been a co-CC we have gone from a silver level chapter to a platinum level chapter. That says a lot about our writers and I hope the recognition inspires them to keep pushing and creating really wonderful, different, and innovative content. 

Jamie is a senior Writing, Literature and Publishing major at Emerson College in Boston, MA. She is the Her Campus Life Editor, a National Contributing Writer, and Campus Correspondent of the Emerson Her Campus chapter. Jamie plans to pursue a career in the magazine industry. See more of her work at: www.jamiemkravitz.com