Meet Campus Celebrity Marissa Tandon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Marissa Tandon

Age: 19

Hometown: Los Angeles, California

Year: 2017

Major: Writing Literature and Publishing

Sign: Cancer

Hobbies: XBOX, Going to the beach, Spending time with my boyfriend Netflix

How did writing Project Z begin and how did it get picked up to become published? I wrote it the tail end of my gap year, and it was twice as long as it ended up being published. Last semester, I saw the Undergrad Publishing Submission posters on campus, I submitted it and it got published by Pub Club.

What can we expect from you in the future? I want to write for TV, young adult novels, and also some tech based programming.

What do you think is the best written show on TV? I loved The Sopranos, it was one of the first shows that got me into TV. But I think it’s a tie between The Sopranos (except the finale) and the first 5 seasons of Dexter.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully living back in Los Angeles, writing for a TV show, being employed would be the dream.

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Jacqueline a senior at Emerson College. I'm a Journalism major and Political Communications minor at Emerson with hopes of working in freelance journalism with a focus in fitness and beauty! I'm a beauty blogger and a member of the InfluenceHer Collective, the Campus Correspondant for Her Campus at Emerson, am a High School Ambassador Advisor, and interned with Her Campus as a Blogger Network Management Intern in summer 2015.
Emerson contributor