This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Love, Simon has just hit theaters and the movie is awe inspiring. The coming of age film is about a teenage boy as he struggles to come out to his friends and family. No, no, no there will be no spoilers here, but there will be many valuable lessons the movie has to offer everyone.

1. Everyone can find love. The movie proves that no matter who you are, where you come from, or who you like, love is out there for you. Although some people have to work a little harder than others to find it, it is all worth it in the end.

2. Life is a like a ferris wheel. It’s scary getting to the top but when you get there is oh so worth it.

3. Friendships are hard. No relationship, friendship included, is perfect and you have to work at everything in life. Remember honesty is always the best policy.

4. Accept who you are. Although life might be hard don’t try and hide behind someone you’re not. Embrace who you are because being like everyone else is boring.

5. You will never know what other people are going through until you open up about yourself. It’s hard to believe but yes, many people are having similar problems, so just open up and talk to people so that you can help each other solve your problems.

Go see Love, Simon, out in theaters now, to see all these and many more life lessons in this monumental film.

Emerson contributor