How to Look Fashionable During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

From your 8AM to your four hour class on Friday, you’ve killed it in the fashion department all semester. Just because it’s finals week, doesn’t mean you should sacrifice looking good. Come on – it is Emerson after all.  The key to looking fashionable during finals is sticking to the basics. By layering a cozy sweater with easy accessories, your finals week outfits will look put together and be comfortable for all of those presentations and exams. And you’ll make a killer final impression on your peers and professors. 

If you want to wear jeans, stick to a comfortable pair that have room to breathe, especially if you have a long exam period to sit through. Add your favorite knit, riding boots and a simple piece of jewlery to polish off the look.

If you want to wear pants that are little fancier then denim, try a pair of velvet skinnies. These pants are soft and flexible for easy movement. Add a loose button-up and a sweater for warmth and no one will realize you were up all night finishing that paper.

For a fancier look that’s just as simple as pants, wear a high-waisted skirt. The skirt allows for lots of movement as you sit through everyone’s presentations. Simple booties, a scarf, and a fun, printed sweater finish off this look.

If you want to wear a skirt but make the look more casual, swap a high-waisted skirt for a mini, add moto boots, and stick to neutrals on top. Accesories will make the look stand out and give you the confidence you need to get through the week.

If pants and skirts still feel like too much work, try a pair of stylish leggings before succumbing to sweatpants. There are ways to make leggings look good. Try to find a thicker pair. And subtle patterns are a must.  An over-sized sweater and a plain white tee are key to making this simple style look great.

Sara graduated from Emerson College in December 2013 with her B.S. in Marketing Communication. She loves writing, designing and DIY.  Follow her on twitter @SaraWynkoop