How To Keep In Touch With Emerson Friends Over The Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The worst part of the spring semester coming to a close? Not seeing your Emerson friends every day. You’ve taken them for granted, and now that you’re going home you’re not sure what you’re going to do.

If you’re freaking out about how much you’re going to miss your Emerson friends over the summer, check out these 5 simple ways to stay in touch.

1. Group Messages

While massive group chats can get annoying, making a group text with a few of your closest friends is a great way to keep each other updated throughout the summer. 

Send funny pictures, embarrassing anecdotes, or just a quick “Hey, miss you guys!”

2. Phone Calls

This may seem like an obvious form of communication, but with the ease of texting at our fingertips, phone calls are going out of style. Hearing a friend’s voice will make you feel much closer to them than reading a text, though.

Add their numbers to your favorites, and catching up is only a quick button press away.

3. Skype/FaceTime Dates

Miss your friends’ faces? Set up a Skype or FaceTime date! Whether you do it once a month or once a week, finding a time that works for everyone is key.

Just don’t give up if you encounter technical difficulties.

4. Snail Mail

Writing letters may seem like a chore, but who doesn’t love getting mail?

Whether it’s a quick postcard from vacation, or a lengthy, handwritten account of your current summer fling, your friends will appreciate the surprise.

5. Visits

If they don’t live too far away, consider planning a visit.

Nothing beats seeing your close friends in person.

Communication is important in maintaining any relationship. No matter how you choose to keep in touch, don’t lose track of your Emerson friends over the summer.

It may be a cliché, but these are people who could potentially become lifelong friends.

Or maybe you already know that they are.

Jamie is a senior Writing, Literature and Publishing major at Emerson College in Boston, MA. She is the Her Campus Life Editor, a National Contributing Writer, and Campus Correspondent of the Emerson Her Campus chapter. Jamie plans to pursue a career in the magazine industry. See more of her work at: www.jamiemkravitz.com
Emerson contributor