Holiday Treats That Will Make You Feel At Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The time is finally here! The holidays are days away and the countdown has officially begun. With finals approaching comes thoughts of home and delicious, sweet and festive treats! Below are a few that will make you feel at home!

White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels

Nothing says the holidays like a sweet, minty and salty treat. These pretzel rods are easy to prepare. Melt some white chocolate, dip the pretzels in the chocolate and roll them in some crushed peppermint. Just like that, you have an easy snack that will taste like mom’s baking!

Reindeer Rice Krispies

We all love Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, so why wouldn’t you love this red-nosed treat? Make the simple Rice Krispies mixture, cut it into squares and add on the decorative nose and edible eyes. Finish by drawing on some chocolate ears!

Brownie Christmas Trees

Who doesn’t love a classic brownie? Combine it with a festive shape, and these treats will feel like home! Simply cut a batch of homemade brownies into triangles, add the green piping, sprinkles and a broken candy cane as the base, and these trees will be decorated and complete to eat.

White Chocolate Ginger Cookies

If these cookies are good enough to leave for Santa, then they are good enough for you to enjoy, too! Make a fresh batch of warm and chewy ginger cookies, dip half in a melted batch of white chocolate and decorate with your favorite icing! These will be a hit in your dorm, apartment, at home and for the reindeer!

Enjoy a batch of these sweet treats, and get ready to count down the days, because the holidays are almost here and so is the end of the semester.

Emerson contributor