Fall In Love With Your Dorm (Fall Dorm Decor Ideas)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Flowers: Let’s be real, real flowers are nice, but fake flowers require no maintenance and look just as nice and last way longer. Put them on your desk in a mason jar to brighten up your work space during the beautiful fall days you just want to be outside.

Lights: Lights are beautiful in your room any time of year and especially in your fall and winter to dress up drab walls and make your space a little more cozy. 

Pumpkins: One thing we all miss when going to college is pumpkin carving, but I’m sure you don’t have pumpkin carving tools lying around, so decorate instead! Paint your sorority letters, monogram, chevron print, or anything you want!

Candles: Dorm rooms can be a bit musty, and febreeze only does so much. Candles will make your room smell great in no time and make coming home a little more home-y. But of course make sure to check your colleges fire codes and if candles aren’t allowed, maybe try a wax burneror wallflower.

Hey Collegiettes! I'm Jacqueline a senior at Emerson College. I'm a Journalism major and Political Communications minor at Emerson with hopes of working in freelance journalism with a focus in fitness and beauty! I'm a beauty blogger and a member of the InfluenceHer Collective, the Campus Correspondant for Her Campus at Emerson, am a High School Ambassador Advisor, and interned with Her Campus as a Blogger Network Management Intern in summer 2015.
Emerson contributor