This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

As midterms approach, you might be finding that there are several things that you want to do before the end of the year. If you’re new to Emerson, you may be missing out on the plethora of activities our school has to offer. Fear not! I have compiled a bucket list of the most essential things to do before you graduate. For those of you unfamiliar with this term, a bucket list is your life goals compiled into a neat checklist- everything you want to do before you “kick the bucket.” My personal bucket list has things ranging from “Kiss at the top of Eiffel Tower” to “Party with Ke$ha.” Feel free to add your own ideas to the list – what should you not leave Emerson without doing?

• Spend the last of your board bucks on a feast from the C-store.
  • Pull an all-nighter in your common room.
  • Dine at the Top of the Hub (or at least check out the view!)
  • Find a Banksy wall in Boston!
  • Watch a Quidditch game in the Boston Common.
  • Join your friends for Sunday brunch in the DH.
  • Be on Emerson Channel, EIV, or WEBN.
  • Shop at the Bargain Basement in Harvard Square’s Urban Outfitters.
  • Walk down Newbury Street in the snow.
  • Walk down Boylston at 2 am on a weekend night. It is quite the experience!
  • Go to the Castle, LA, or any study abroad program.
  • Enjoy a late night milkshake or Ben & Jerry’s from the Max.
  • See a movie on $8 Thursday at the AMC.
  • Model for one of Emerson’s magazines.
  • Go to free burrito day at Boloco. The line may be long, but it’s worth it!
  • See a free movie pre-screening.
  • Go to the Boston Public Library for an afternoon.
  • Ride in an elevator with a person and wonder if they are in costume or if that’s just what they chose to wear today.
  • Go to South street diner in the early morning.
  • Make friends with an EmCafe employee.
  • Don’t leave your dorm building for an entire day.
  • Wait in line for a Georgetown cupcake.
  • Go to an Allston party on a weekend night. And during the day (that’s a rare one!)
  • Treat yourself to a Nutella shake from Boloco
  • Get soft serve at the DH.
  • Take a trip to the MFA, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, and the ICA- they’re all free!
  • Play on the zipline at the Esplanade!
  • Get a late night cannoli in the North End. (I recommend Bova’s!)
  • Go to an Emerson improv show.
  • Play Kings on a “Thirsty Thursday.”
  • Forget your ID and have to call your roommate – it happens to everyone!
  • Go to NYP after a night out.
  • See a Emerson Stage or ArtsEmerson show (students get discounted tickets!)
  • Be a Her Campus Campus Cutie!
  • Sexile your roommate.
  • Walk through the Common and Gardens in the fall.
  • Take a twirl on the Frog Pond in the winter.
  • Partake in a opinionated debate on Facebook.
  • Take the T from Boylston to Park Street because you don’t feel like walking.
  • Proclaim that you’re giving up the DH for good, and then inevitably go back.
  • Bake something in a Colonial kitchen. (http://www.hercampus.com/school/emerson/fall-recipes-make-your-dorm)
  • Be “that person” trying to open the Colonial doors with a huge package in your hands.
  • Be a Her Campus Campus Celeb!
  •  

Shannon is a journalism major at Emerson College, where she is involved in many different organizations ranging from social media and writing to fashion and styling. Originally from New Hampshire, she loves Boston and one day wants to work for a news station in either Boston or New York City.
Sara graduated from Emerson College in December 2013 with her B.S. in Marketing Communication. She loves writing, designing and DIY.  Follow her on twitter @SaraWynkoop