Dorm Decorating for the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

As the holiday season approaches, the feeling of cheer is in the air, but it may not be in your dorm room… yet!

Here are five simple ways to change your room into a winter wonderland!

1. Baby Christmas Trees

Stores like Five Below and other dollar stores are starting to sell little 2-foot trees with lights, where all you have to do is just put it up and plug it in to feel a little holiday spirit. I’ve got one up right now and it makes me smile every time I see it!

2. Lights

While you might already have some fairy lights up, why not switch it up and hang some icicle-shaped or multi­colored ones to let the holiday cheer surround your room?

3. Paper Snowflakes

Remember when you were a kid and put snowflakes everywhere? Pull out some scissors, paper and string, and you have some DIY decorations that will put you in the holiday mood. Don’t worry, for those that have no artistic talent (or time!), there are plenty of templates online that you can print and follow to create equally beautiful decor.

4. Ornaments

Weave some string through your ceiling tiles and hang ornaments off it for a very classy looking Christmas.

5. Make­-Your­-Own Fireplace

Take some brown or red butcher paper and either draw or use a sponge and paint to make a brick pattern. Cut out some stockings for you and your roommates, write your names on them and hang them above the ‘fireplace’ on the wall!

part-time princess, full-time trash, one-time model
Emerson contributor