Cute Boston Boutiques to Help You Update Your Wardrobe for Warmer Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

New season, new wardrobe. And what’s better than an adorbale summer sundress? Summer also brings Fourth of July parties and barbecues that you know you’ll need a great outift for, and Boston’s best boutiques can help you out. Buying a new dress can be affordable on any budget, and Boston offers so many cute boutiques and stores as alternatives to the usual fallbacks of Forever 21 or H&M. Whether you want to spend $5 or $500, there’s a boutique with the perfect dress for you just around the corner.

Buffalo Exchange

Image courtesy of Buffalo Exchange

Price Level: $

Location: 180 Harvard Avenue

Definitely a bit of a trek, but I’ve never left Buffalo Exchange disappointed. You can find super cheap, super nice clothes here that are only gently worn. They have tops and dresses ranging anywhere from $1 to $100 dollars, and you can also come here to sell those clothes that you haven’t touched in months.

Bobbles & Lace

Image courtesy of Spreedia

Price Level: $$

Location: 251 Newbury Street

Bobbles & Lace has a little bit of everything, and new products are added daily. They claim that “high fashion doesn’t need to come at a high cost”, and that slogan is definitely reflected in their clothing. They have adorable dresses that don’t leave you feeling robbed, and a to-die-for sale section.

Crush Boutique

Image courtesy of Yelp

Price Level: $$$

Location: 131 Charles Street and 264 Newbury Street

Crush carries adorable dresses for every occasion; whether you’re going out to dinner at a nice restaurant of have a formal to attend, you kind find something perfect for you at Crush. They carry brands like Alice + Olivia, Shoshanna, and Parker New York, and they always have sales and in-store events.

Intermix

Image courtesy of Intermix

Price Level: $$$$

Location: 186 Newbury Street

Intermix is definitely very pricey. But if you’re willing to drop a lot of cash for the perfect dress, then Intermix may be perfect for you. They carry dresses from designers like Herve Leger, Helmut Lang, and RED Valentino. This is definitely the place to go if you’re looking for high fashion.

And for accessories, you can’t miss Moxie at 51 Charles St. It’s definitely in the $$-$$$ range, but they carry shoes, purses and jewelry from contemporary designers that won’t be seen at many other stores. If you want to keep your accessories on the cheap side, head over to Francesca’s at 100 Cambridge Place, which has statement necklaces and bracelets in every style/color that you could imagine. They tend to stick in the $-$$ range, and always have incredible sales.

Currently a sophomore film production student at Emerson College!
Emerson contributor