This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Name: Henry Walker Sayen…but you can call him Walker.

Hometown: Lawrenceville, New Jersey

Major: Film Production

Year of graduation: 2016

Dream job: Director of feature independent films.

Current projects: Walker is gearing up for his film career by working as a cinematographer on his Film II project, a short called “Nice Guy” which focuses on why women stay in abusive relationships.

Favorite films: Once Upon a Time in the West, The Iron Giant, It’s a Wonderful Life.

Biggest inspirations: Sergio Leone, Alfred Hitchcock, and his dad, a documentary filmmaker who got him into movies.

When he’s not working on films: You can find him drawing or painting, reading Stephen King books, playing his melodica (a combination of a flute and piano), or exploring nature. (He’s attended wilderness survival camp.)

Looks for in a lady: Humor, intelligence, looks, and “someone who can tolerate my weirdness”.

Dream date: Ice skating, dancing, (he took dance lessons as a kid!) or just a “night on the town”.  However, dinner and a movie are always “a classic”.

Thoughts on…

Emerson Confessional: “Sometimes, it can be very amusing. It’s interesting that it has both real genuine feelings and also hysterical stories.”

Emerson Ships: “I think it started out sort of as a serious thing, but it’s turned into a sort of hilarious thing.”

Em Café: “I don’t have an on-campus meal plan, so I have not been in here or any of the cafes at all, but it seems nice.”

Green Line: “It’s very frustrating…there’s a lot of delays. It’s infuriating, but at the same time, I think it’s good for the spirits. I think it’s a good sort of learning experience, to commute every day.

Erin is a junior at Emerson College studying journalism, publishing, and writing. She comes from southeastern Massachusetts and enjoys reading magazines, getting hooked on new TV shows, traveling, and spending time with her dog. Erin hopes to pursue a career in magazine writing. You can follow her on Twitter at @erin_kayata.
Emerson contributor