Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emerson Blog

An Instagram Intervention

By Corey Cantanese
October 8, 2013 - 9:11pm

Instagram is possibly one of the best apps ever; it really does make life seem so much better. A rainy day stuck inside can be transformed into the seemingly perfect day curled up on the couch with some tea and a book when seen through one of the many filters provided by Instagram. Unfortunately, Instagram, like many other things in life, is abused everyday. Now, I’m not saying I haven’t been known to commit some of the following offenses, but this is all about recognizing there is a problem, acknowledging that you may be part of it and attempting to take a step forward to help clean up Instagram feeds everywhere. Everybody has a small slipup, but just remember: we are all in this together. The List (in no particular order):...

Why We Love J-Law

By Jennifer Leahy
October 8, 2013 - 8:53pm

Jennifer Lawrence made her first blip on our radar when she was just 14 years old, in a commercial for the old MTV favorite My Super Sweet Sixteen.
Soon after, Jennifer’s energetic personality landed her a role in the hit TV series Monk … As a high school mascot. READ MORE

12 Signs You’re an Emerson Theatre Major

By Megan Shuffleton
October 7, 2013 - 2:51pm

1. You look like this upon hearing you got a callback: 2. You automatically make friends when you find out someone’s favorite musical is your favorite musical. 3. People often ask you what you’re going to do after you graduate. 4. You have a lot of classes in Paramount. READ MORE

5 TV shows that need to end

By Jennifer Leahy
October 5, 2013 - 1:52pm

We all know a TV show that never seems to end.  It feels like they’ve been going on forever, and in truth they should have ended seasons ago. Here are five of those TV shows that are inexplicably still going and for the sake of my sanity need to end. Greys Anatomy READ MORE

Back to School Survival Kits

By HC Emerson
September 30, 2013 - 10:29am

We’ve started class, gotten into a routine, and now we’re already wishing the semester’s over (at least the studying part!). So how are the Her Campus Emerson collegiettes succeeding? Here’s a list of the back-to-school essentials that we’ll be using all semester long. READ MORE

So you're graduating: What to do your last year at Emerson

By Corey Cantanese
September 26, 2013 - 9:48pm

Entering your last year, or even semester, at Emerson is a mixed bag of feelings. It is a combination of thinking about the future, freaking out about the future, getting excited for new possibilities and returning to freaking out about what is next. While preparing for the future is important, your last months at Emerson should be cherished and celebrated as only a true Emersonian can. So, to help you say goodbye to Emerson the right way, we have compiled a list of things you should do before getting your diploma. Eat a (sober) piece of NYP It’s been through some changes in the past four years, but it is still the lovable late-night pizza place with slices larger than many other restaurants’ entire pies....

New York Fashion Week’s Top 5 Trends

By Hayley Gundlach
September 24, 2013 - 1:51pm

Now that America’s most exciting week of fashion has come to a close, it’s time to take a moment and reflect on the latest trends set by the biggest designers in the business. Heads were spinning with all the diversity of this season’s collections, but here are some of the most notable trends from New York Fashion Week and ways that you can wear them, too! White-on-White: All-white outfits made a huge appearance on the runways this fall. A huge number of major designers presented sleek, head-to-toe looks by pairing pure-white separates or structured white dresses.   Inspired by: Badgley Mischka, Christian Siriano, Derek Lam READ MORE

Decorating with Washi Tape: 101

By Cassidy Hopkins
September 24, 2013 - 11:47am

Maybe you’re not so great at DIY projects. Your no-sew dress ends up looking like a potato sack, and the wooden initial letters you spent three hours turn out to just be embarrassing. As a poor college student, you don’t have access to a bunch of fancy crafting tools and supplies; in fact may not even know what Mod Podge is. The only thing you are certain of is that Pinterest is trying to mock you with all these “super easy DIY” project ideas, because honestly they’re the complete opposite of that. All you want is to be like Erica Domesek, of P.S.- I made this…,but you’ve come to the realization that crafting is simply not in your DNA. READ MORE

Emmy Awards 2013: Best and Worst Dressed

By Jacqueline Weiss
September 23, 2013 - 5:11pm

Every year the Emmy’s brings out the best in television stars, and as with every award show, the best and worst of fashion. This year, some actresses dazzled on the red carpet while others fell short. BEST DRESSED (left to right) Michelle Dockery, Allison Williams, Kaley Cuoco, Taylor Schilling READ MORE

How to Make Friends in College

By Jamie Kravitz
September 23, 2013 - 10:38am

College clichés: we’ve all heard them. Phrases such as “the best four years of your life” and “friends that will last a lifetime” are thrown around by parents, teachers, and older siblings on a regular basis. What they don’t tell us, however, is how to have these experiences, and more importantly, how to build these relationships. READ MORE