Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emerson Blog

Letters to Santa

By Sara Wynkoop
December 11, 2012 - 10:29am

What do Emerson students want from Santa this year? Find out in these holiday letters from our Winter Wonderland event. More photos can be found on our Instagram account @hercampusemerson. Happy Holidays! READ MORE

Cheer Up! Quick and Easy Ways to Cure Someone With the Blues

By Mehak Anwar
December 7, 2012 - 10:58pm

READ MORE

5 Great Winter Songs that aren’t Christmas Carols

By Isabel Thottam
December 6, 2012 - 9:19pm

READ MORE

Winter Treats at Starbucks

By Megan Shuffleton
December 5, 2012 - 10:32am

Hey collegiettes! You may have spotted the new, red, star-covered Starbucks cups around campus and you know what that means: festive flavors! This year, Starbucks went all-out with their Christmas menu, which is guaranteed to get you in a holly-jolly Christmas mood! Here are a few things I tried from the menu this week: Peppermint Mocha: READ MORE

Holiday Dorm Decorating

By Lissa Pappas
December 4, 2012 - 9:59am

It’s about that time y’all! ! No matter what holiday you’re celebrating this season, so much of the fun is in decorating the tree, cookies, and your house. It’s always rough to be away from home during the month leading up to the best family time of the year, but have no fear! One of the best ways to combat pre-holiday depression is to decorate your dorm, or apartment. Here are some simple ways to turn your boudoir into a winter wonderland. READ MORE

Out sickness – why some people don’t get homesick

By Isabel Thottam
November 30, 2012 - 2:33pm

READ MORE

Dressing Warm & Dressing Up for A Winter Night Out

By Rachel Woods, Mehak Anwar
November 27, 2012 - 11:00am

With winter weather in full swing, bundling up is a must; but being bundled up at a party? Not so much. Here are a few event-specific tips to make sure you don’t freeze en route to your weekend activities this season, and don’t have excess layers to fuss with when you arrive at your destination: READ MORE

Second Time Around Finds

By Grace Gibson
November 23, 2012 - 11:00am

READ MORE

Black Friday Survival Guide

By Rachel Woods
November 21, 2012 - 10:00am

Thanksgiving break is rapidly approaching, which means in the commercial world it’s already beginning to look a  lot like Christmas. One of the biggest traditions to kick off the holiday spirit is Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, or as I like to call it, the Super Bowl of Christmas gift shopping. But Super Bowl is perhaps too light of a term; Battle Royale might suit it better, since Black Friday is infamous for raking in crazy crowds of pajama-clad moms desperately seeking a discounted price on their family’s next plasma screen TV and families tag-teaming to fight for the last Tickle Me Elmo toy. Chaos doesn’t even begin to describe the scene at most malls every Black Friday, but don’t let that intimidate you....

Dear Freshmen: How to Deal With Changing Relationships

By Allison Rand
November 20, 2012 - 10:00am

Dear Freshmen, If there’s one thing you should really know about leaving for college, it’s that the way you interact with people is going to change.  You’re going to be meeting new people and trying to stay in touch with old friends at the same time.  It can be a lot to handle.  So what do you do when you go home for Thanksgiving break and you find that your best friend – the girl that you spent all of middle school and high school with – has become a completely different person?  The only answer I have is to accept it. READ MORE