Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emerson Blog

Smoking Trends: E-Cigarettes and Hookah

By Chelsea Evered
October 17, 2013 - 10:55am

Some of you may be thinking, “is it actually possible for smoking to be healthy?” Although the answer is still no, it should be noted that there are many alternatives to traditional cigarettes and hookah that are emerging and becoming more popular. They seem to have potential to be better for you than these addicting practices.  It was only six years ago that America began adding the electronic cigarette to the markets, and it has managed to offer smokers an alternative to tobacco. Similarly, we now have access to electronic hookah pens, which are becoming quite popular. READ MORE

Hangover Remedies

By Isabelle Hobbib
October 15, 2013 - 12:00pm

Each week, most college students look forward to some weekend partying in order to meet new friends and temporarily relieve the stress of homework deadlines. But before you down that next rum and coke, maybe you should stop and think about tomorrow. Obviously, no one likes being hung-over; waking up feeling sick to your stomach, nauseous, exhausted, and irritable ruins your entire day. So how do you cure the common hangover? While so called “cures” aren’t yet available, there are a few remedies on hand to ease your pain. READ MORE

What Does Your EmCafe Order Say About You?

By Kristina Udice
October 11, 2013 - 10:38am

As energetic Emerson College students, we find ourselves busy beyond belief. We have meetings and internships, classes and film shoots; it can get pretty exhausting.  We barely have time to breath let alone relax, so it gets hard to keep our energy levels up and our spirits high.  This is where EmCafe comes in, because there’s nothing quite like getting out of four hours of class to be welcomed with a steaming cup of coffee and a croissant—believe me I know. Everyone walks with an EmCafe treat in hand, whether it’s a delicious latte, a steaming cup of tea, a warm bagel or a gooey grilled cheese (pesto and cheddar cheese for me please.) READ MORE

An Instagram Intervention

By Corey Cantanese
October 8, 2013 - 9:11pm

Instagram is possibly one of the best apps ever; it really does make life seem so much better. A rainy day stuck inside can be transformed into the seemingly perfect day curled up on the couch with some tea and a book when seen through one of the many filters provided by Instagram. Unfortunately, Instagram, like many other things in life, is abused everyday. Now, I’m not saying I haven’t been known to commit some of the following offenses, but this is all about recognizing there is a problem, acknowledging that you may be part of it and attempting to take a step forward to help clean up Instagram feeds everywhere. Everybody has a small slipup, but just remember: we are all in this together. The List (in no particular order):...

Why We Love J-Law

By Jennifer Leahy
October 8, 2013 - 8:53pm

Jennifer Lawrence made her first blip on our radar when she was just 14 years old, in a commercial for the old MTV favorite My Super Sweet Sixteen.
Soon after, Jennifer’s energetic personality landed her a role in the hit TV series Monk … As a high school mascot. READ MORE

12 Signs You’re an Emerson Theatre Major

By Megan Shuffleton
October 7, 2013 - 2:51pm

1. You look like this upon hearing you got a callback: 2. You automatically make friends when you find out someone’s favorite musical is your favorite musical. 3. People often ask you what you’re going to do after you graduate. 4. You have a lot of classes in Paramount. READ MORE

5 TV shows that need to end

By Jennifer Leahy
October 5, 2013 - 1:52pm

We all know a TV show that never seems to end.  It feels like they’ve been going on forever, and in truth they should have ended seasons ago. Here are five of those TV shows that are inexplicably still going and for the sake of my sanity need to end. Greys Anatomy READ MORE

Back to School Survival Kits

By HC Emerson
September 30, 2013 - 10:29am

We’ve started class, gotten into a routine, and now we’re already wishing the semester’s over (at least the studying part!). So how are the Her Campus Emerson collegiettes succeeding? Here’s a list of the back-to-school essentials that we’ll be using all semester long. READ MORE

So you're graduating: What to do your last year at Emerson

By Corey Cantanese
September 26, 2013 - 9:48pm

Entering your last year, or even semester, at Emerson is a mixed bag of feelings. It is a combination of thinking about the future, freaking out about the future, getting excited for new possibilities and returning to freaking out about what is next. While preparing for the future is important, your last months at Emerson should be cherished and celebrated as only a true Emersonian can. So, to help you say goodbye to Emerson the right way, we have compiled a list of things you should do before getting your diploma. Eat a (sober) piece of NYP It’s been through some changes in the past four years, but it is still the lovable late-night pizza place with slices larger than many other restaurants’ entire pies....

New York Fashion Week’s Top 5 Trends

By Hayley Gundlach
September 24, 2013 - 1:51pm

Now that America’s most exciting week of fashion has come to a close, it’s time to take a moment and reflect on the latest trends set by the biggest designers in the business. Heads were spinning with all the diversity of this season’s collections, but here are some of the most notable trends from New York Fashion Week and ways that you can wear them, too! White-on-White: All-white outfits made a huge appearance on the runways this fall. A huge number of major designers presented sleek, head-to-toe looks by pairing pure-white separates or structured white dresses.   Inspired by: Badgley Mischka, Christian Siriano, Derek Lam READ MORE