Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emerson Blog

Second Time Around Finds

By Grace Gibson
November 23, 2012 - 11:00am

READ MORE

Black Friday Survival Guide

By Rachel Woods
November 21, 2012 - 10:00am

Thanksgiving break is rapidly approaching, which means in the commercial world it’s already beginning to look a  lot like Christmas. One of the biggest traditions to kick off the holiday spirit is Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, or as I like to call it, the Super Bowl of Christmas gift shopping. But Super Bowl is perhaps too light of a term; Battle Royale might suit it better, since Black Friday is infamous for raking in crazy crowds of pajama-clad moms desperately seeking a discounted price on their family’s next plasma screen TV and families tag-teaming to fight for the last Tickle Me Elmo toy. Chaos doesn’t even begin to describe the scene at most malls every Black Friday, but don’t let that intimidate you....

Dear Freshmen: How to Deal With Changing Relationships

By Allison Rand
November 20, 2012 - 10:00am

Dear Freshmen, If there’s one thing you should really know about leaving for college, it’s that the way you interact with people is going to change.  You’re going to be meeting new people and trying to stay in touch with old friends at the same time.  It can be a lot to handle.  So what do you do when you go home for Thanksgiving break and you find that your best friend – the girl that you spent all of middle school and high school with – has become a completely different person?  The only answer I have is to accept it. READ MORE

TAKING OFF: Tips for Navigating your Thanksgiving Break

By Lissa Pappas
November 19, 2012 - 11:00am

May you be as chic a traveler as Jessa in Girls. READ MORE

Friends with No Benefits

By Sara Wynkoop
November 15, 2012 - 12:43pm

In college it can be difficult for girls to decipher whether a guy wants friendship or is looking for something more. With this age of hooking up, breaking up and making out, nonsexual girl-guy friendships can seem impossible. So, here’s my advice on how to keep a guy as just a friend, whether his feelings for you are genuine or purely physical.  READ MORE

Turkey Day Movies: The Best Movies for Thanksgiving Viewing

By Kelly Roderick
November 15, 2012 - 11:00am

It’s autumn. The air is crisp, the leaves are dry, and what’s that smell? Oh yeah, it’s the amazing home-cooked turkey dinner timeout we get every semester to fill our hearts and bellies. Going home for Thanksgiving Break is  exciting: great food, old friends and your family awaits. But when it comes to movie nights, don’t think Christmas is the only holiday with all the good celluloid. I present the best turkey movies to enjoy with (and some  definitely without) your family this Thanksgiving. READ MORE

Where to take friends when they visit in Boston

By Megan Shuffleton
November 14, 2012 - 10:17am

You’ve heard it a million times by now – Boston is a college town. There are more than 60 colleges and universities in this city, meaning over 250,000 students. Face it, Boston has great food, an awesome party scene, and so many things to do; I think we can all agree that the Beantown is a pretty great place to live. Because we live in such a bustling, busy place, it’s inevitable that friends and family will want to spend a day or two in the city – here’s just a few fun areas of Boston to take visitors! READ MORE

Unjunking Our Candy: UNREAL at Emerson

By Sara Wynkoop
November 12, 2012 - 6:53pm

As the lovely, busy, and often times, stressed collegiettes that we are here at Emerson, there is nothing we enjoy more than some good chocolate – except for chocolate that has been unjunked.  This semester we have teamed up with UNREAL to bring you chocolate candy you can feel good about eating.  UNREAL is working to take the junk out of our candy.  They are challenging what we’ve come to accept in our food and it’s effect on our health in hopes of changing the way food is made in America and around the world. READ MORE

The five guys you will meet at Emerson

By Shannon Dwyer
November 8, 2012 - 12:56pm

As Emerson collegiates we encounter many guys everyday. Sometimes it can be challenging to socially navigate yourself through our little corner of Boston. Well, I am here to help! After a long discussion with my best girl friends at Emerson, I have divided the male population into five groups. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this educational experience. The Gay Guy READ MORE

Fall Shoe Style

By Chelsea Evered
November 4, 2012 - 11:35pm

READ MORE