Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Emerson Blog

What Does Dating in College Mean?

By Isabelle Hobbib
February 12, 2013 - 2:00am

Many college students long to be in a relationship. Everyone loves companionship and everyone wants to be wanted, even if we may not all admit it. According to Merriam Webster, the definition of dating is, “the series of social engagements shared by a couple looking to get married.” But in college, what exactly does it mean to be dating someone? Is it meeting a guy for coffee? Or, a a movie date or two? Does it mean hooking up a few times? Or could it be a virtual relationship with lots of online flirting? These are the types of questions that most college students wrestle with. READ MORE

Valentine’s Day Movies for Single People

By Kelly Roderick
February 11, 2013 - 4:15pm

If you don’t have a date this Valentine’s Day, there’s no need to wallow in your loneliness. Especially not when you’re one movie night away from feeling empowered about being a young, independent, single lady. Instead of watching some rom/com where the couple is all roses and unicorns at the end, try watching one of these. The couple doesn’t end up together, and maybe it’s for the best. Lesson to learn: it’s better to be alone than in the wrong relationship. Stay strong! READ MORE

Online Dating Do’s and Don’ts

By Alicia Lazzaro
February 6, 2013 - 7:55pm

READ MORE

Why You Should Be On Twitter (If You Aren’t Already)

By Rachel Woods
February 4, 2013 - 4:22pm

Don’t you wish there was a way to interact with your favorite celebrities and companies in an instant? And that it would be easy as typing 140 characters or less? Well luckily all that and more is possible when you have a Twitter account. While Twitter’s popularity has skyrocketed in the past few years, there are still people who’ve never visited the social media site, and don’t even know what a “tweet” is. Well there are tons of reasons why you need to get familiar with Twitter and fire up your tweeting engine, and here are just a few: READ MORE

Seven Awesome Tumblrs to Follow Right Now

By Cassidy Hopkins
February 3, 2013 - 10:32am

If you haven’t heard of Tumblr yet then you’re seriously missing out. Tumblr is a social media website that allows its users to create their own customized blogs. With Tumblr you are able to post your own content or “follow” other blogs and “reblog” their posts. There are Tumblrs that center around fashion, food, art, entertainment and everywhere in between. Fans of specific TV shows, musicians, books and movies use Tumblr as a way to express their love and appreciation through picture collages, GIFS, and other posts. Top companies have even started to use Tumblr as another way to connect with their viewers and customers. READ MORE

How I Wore It: UsTrendy Product Review

By Erin Appenzoller
January 27, 2013 - 12:00pm

Winter break is over and Boston has not given returning students a warm welcome back for spring semester.  Between frigid temperatures and slippery snow, bundling up to brave the weather is absolutely necessary.  [Sweater: Chicwish c/o UsTrendy, Tank: H&M, Jeans: Rag & Bone, Boots: Coach]   READ MORE

Organizing Made Easy

By Chelsea Evered
January 26, 2013 - 4:33pm

READ MORE

Her Campus Presents: The Unconventional Oscars

By Kelly Roderick
January 25, 2013 - 7:31pm

I am a very devoted movie lover, but I’m afraid I was quite a bit disappointed in this year’s Oscar nominations. As a collegiette who supports equality in the media, it was upsetting to find that despite impressing offerings from female filmmakers like Katherine Bigelow and screenwriters Rashida Jones and Kay Cannon, all of the Best Director nominees were once again male. And with the exception of one co-writer, all the Best Original and Adapted Screenplay nominees were males. This collegiette suspects all the acting nominations would be male as well if the Academy didn’t specifically give the actresses their own category. READ MORE

Winter Break Packing Guide

By Shannon Dwyer
December 13, 2012 - 10:00am

Congratulations! You’ve made it through finals and can’t wait to get home for winter break. While visions of waking up at noon and eating home cooked meals dance in your head, remember you still have the tedious project of packing ahead of you. Fear not! My holiday gift to you is my guide to packing: winter break edition! Instead of bringing home every dress and pair of shoes you own, make a packing list. Here's a sample: READ MORE

How to Look Fashionable During Finals

By Sara Wynkoop
December 12, 2012 - 12:00pm

From your 8AM to your four hour class on Friday, you've killed it in the fashion department all semester. Just because it's finals week, doesn't mean you should sacrifice looking good. Come on - it is Emerson after all.  The key to looking fashionable during finals is sticking to the basics. By layering a cozy sweater with easy accessories, your finals week outfits will look put together and be comfortable for all of those presentations and exams. And you'll make a killer final impression on your peers and professors.  READ MORE