Best Netflix Shows To Binge Watch Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Winter break can consist of a LOT of free time and if you know you’ll be sitting on your couch in 2 weeks bored out of your mind, take a look at these Netflix shows that you can binge watch to save you from boredom!

Gossip Girl

Watching Gossip Girl will make you forget you’re a broke college kid, and make you feel like you’re one of “Manhattan’s elite.” Gossip Girl is out to ruin the lives of a group of high school prep kids and throughout six seasons, the show will have you constantly guessing who “Gossip Girl” is, while entertaining you with the ridiculous drama of Manhattan socialites. 

Grey’s Anatomy 

After watching ten seasons of Grey’s Anatomy, you may want to re-think your future and go to med school. Since 2005, Grey’s Anatomy has captured the hearts of millions of Americans. As a TV drama, Grey’s shows the in-depth lives of patients and doctors at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital. This show will make your heart melt as attractive doctors save the lives of hundreds of people in over 220 episodes. 

Criminal Minds

Netflix has recently blessed its subscribers with nine seasons of Criminal Minds which, in total, adds up to roughly 150 hours of crime-solving awesomeness. Criminal Minds follows the lives of a handful of FBI agents as they solve serial killer cases and save the lives of the innocent.

Parks and Recreation 

If you’re looking for a show that will constantly keep you laughing, Parks and Recreation is definitely your best bet. Parks and Rec showcases the life of city worker Leslie Knope, played by Amy Poehler, and her mission to make her small city in Indiana a better place. Not only does Amy Poehler star in the show, but Aziz Ansari, Rashida Jones, Nick Offerman, and Aubery Plaza are also part of the cast, making the show a must-see.

Bates Motel

Bates Motel is one of those Netflix shows that most people don’t know of unless they stumble upon it. As a precursor to Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho, Bates Motel follows the Bates family and the weirdness that surrounds them after they move into an old motel that they decide to renovate. Stolen money, drugs, and sex trafficking all play a role in this mystery-thriller that will make you want to watch all three seasons. 

Emerson contributor