stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Apps to Help You Get Bikini Ready

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Summer is almost here, and that means bathing suit weather! Are you looking to get to get your dream bikini bod but don’t have the time or money for a gym? Or maybe you’re looking for a way to enhance your gym workout? No worries! Check out the apps below for cheap, quick and easy fitness and nutrition help.

Fitness

1. Nike+ Training Club

The Nike+ Training Club app is a perfect tool to help you get in charge of your fitness. The app offers over more than 100 workouts from Nike master trainers, and even some pro athletes. You can start a program or just an individual workout. You can pick workouts to target your specific fitness goal, whether you want to get lean, get toned, get strong or get focused. Workouts range from 15 minutes to 45, and vary from beginner to advanced. You can connect your workout to a playlist, watch video tutorials and get an estimate of calories burned!

2. Runtastic Six Pack Abs

Because who doesn’t want some nice abs? Runtastic Six Pack Abs lets you pick an avatar trainer and select a workout program that can last from ten days to almost a month. You can find tips, workouts and your own personal training plan all in one spot.

3. Spring

Nothing makes a workout more fun than some music. Spring has a DJ-curated playlist of songs that all have a similar range of beats per minutes. Just run to the beat and your workout will be finished in a flash.

Food and Nutrition

1. MyFitnessPal

MyFitnessPal is the easiest and best way to log your food, workouts and progress. The app is super easy to use and has a wide database of nutrition information for you to draw upon. Plus, it helps you figure out calorie intakes that are safe but will also help you reach your fitness goal!

2. HealthyOut

Cooking can be time consuming and hard, especially when you’re out of ingredients. Eating healthy doesn’t mean always eating at home. HealthyOut can help you find nearby restaurants that offer healthy eating options!

3. ShopWell

Nutrition labels can be confusing. By using ShopWell you can create a personal profile with your gender, age, health goals, etc. Then, when you’re at the grocery store, start scanning barcodes with your phone. The app will give each item a score. Avoid foods with low scores and try to get the ones closest to a perfect 100.

So set your goal and get to it using these apps to help you, motivate you, and keep you on track!

Lindsey Paradis has loved Boston all her life, and coming from a small Western Mass town she’s had time to enjoy it. Now at Emerson as a Writing, Literature, and Publishing major, she has more than enough time to take in the beautiful city. When she’s not working with preschoolers, Lindsey finds herself writing stories, hanging out with friends, reading her way through Game of Thrones, and watching Sex & the City.
Emerson contributor