7 Things You Must Do in Boston in the Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Boston is a great city to be in during the spring; the flowers are blooming, the snow is melting and summer is right around the corner. Whether you’re looking to explore Boston a little more or just take advantage of the nice weather, check out these seven must-do activities in Boston this season!

1. Go to a Red Sox game

Springtime in Boston means baseball season. After winning the 2013 World Series, how can you not want to go to a game? Even though the Red Sox are a major team, that doesn’t mean you can’t get tickets for a good price. Tickets to some of the earlier games can cost as little as $15 or $20. So go to Fenway Park and catch a game!

2. Visit Revere Beach

You may not want to dive into the water just yet, but a beach is a beach. Check out Revere Beach with your friends on the weekend; it will be super relaxing to lie in the sand and take a break from doing homework. Plus, since it’s only spring, there won’t be crowds!

3. Go on a hike

Sure, you can’t hike in the city, but if you have a way to travel a bit outside of the city there are tons of great hiking spots in New England (some even within 30 minutes of the city). Look up and see if there are any good hiking spots nearby and experience the outdoors like a true New Englander!

4. Walk around the Public Garden

Boston’s Public Garden was the first botanical garden founded in the US. During the spring time, the trees and flowers are really something else. Be sure to also check out the Swan Boats; you can tour around the garden for less than $3! You and your friends can even picnic in the park.

5. Visit Faneuil Hall

Though it may seem touristy, Faneuil Hall is a great place for so many things, especially when the weather is nice. Stop by if you’re looking for tons of food options, great outdoor shopping and really entertaining street performers.

6. Go on the Charles River

Now that the ice is gone (finally!), grab your friends and head to the Charles River. You can rent canoes and kayaks for a good price and hit the open waters.

7. Go for a run or bike ride on the Esplanade

Now that the weather has cleared up, take advantage of it! Go for a bike ride, run or walk on the Esplanade and take in the scenery while getting in some good exercise. If you don’t feel like breaking a sweat, check out The Esplanade at night and sit on the docks; the Charles River at night can be very romantic!

These are only a few things you can do in the springtime in Boston. You can also walk the Freedom Trail, visit museums, or go explore new neighborhoods you haven’t been to yet. Take advantage of the warm weather and do Boston right! 

Emerson contributor