free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Summer Internship Outfit Staples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

I know we all wish that we would rock our flip flops and tank tops all summer long, that just won’t fly in an office environment. And since most of the internships we’ll be taking this summer will be in an office, we may need to toss the flip flops aside for a couple days a week. But does that mean we have to sacrifice our style? Of course not! Here’s my list of internship closet staples.

1. A Colorful Pair of Flats

Zara

Since open-toed sandals aren’t exactly office appropriate (and heels are a hassle), it’s important to have a good, but cute, pair of flats. While it’s necessary to have some in neutral black or white, it’s also nice to be able to spice up your outfit with a pop of color. These teal ones from Zara are only $25.99, and they come in orange too!

2. A Statement Necklace

Bauble Bar

I’m so glad that statement necklaces are becoming so popular, they can really change your outfit completely! I love BaubleBar for online jewerly shopping; they have everything you could every want and often offer coupons and sales.

3. Collarless Jacket

Loft

I’m really not a fan of blazers; some people can totally rock them, but I always feel so stuffy. What I do love are collarless jackets, which can look just as professional as a blazer. The one I posted is on the pricey side, coming in at $95, but you can definitely find good ones on all sides of the price spectrum.

4. Colored Pants

Zara

Depending on the office your in, you might not even be able to wear jeans. TORTURE, I know. But that doesn’t mean you have to resort to slacks! While I wouldn’t suggest any super bright colors, colored pants/denim can look very professional. Black jeans are my best friend, but these beige ones look really nice too; $60 at Zara.

Currently a sophomore film production student at Emerson College!
Emerson contributor