5 Holiday Wardrobe Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

The holidays are fast approaching and while your sweating it out over finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list and if you should really go up a size just in case you eat too much on Thanksgiving, you might forget about the slew of holiday parties and events coming your way. Be prepared by stocking up on these 5 Holiday Wardrobe essentials and you’ll have everyone this season asking for your clothes from Santa.

1. Wrapped up in silk: This staple dress will carry you from Thanksgiving all the way to New Years. Look for something in a deeper color, a maroon or a navy. A deeper hue is sophisticated and you can play with the cut. Try a shift dress or a higher collar, paired with tights and ankle boots.

2. Glitter and be festive: The holiday season is one of the best excuses to wear an obscene amount of sparkle. Take advantage of this with so many styles ranging from a subtle sparkle to hand beading. Not sure how much you want to dazzle? Try a simple metallic skirt paired with a solid silk top or blazer over top. Mute it with a pair of tights and simple shoes.

3. All I want for Christmas is jewels: While some of us this holiday season will be jumping into the closest sequin dress we can find, others may prefer to spice up some of their more basic, and warmer pieces. Pretty set on your outfit but still want to participate in the holiday garb? Grab a statement necklace and you’ll sparkle brighter than a Christmas tree.

4. Baby it’s cold outside: Nothing says bring it on winter like a fur scarf. This is a way to keep cozy even at all your dressy holiday events, plus it will totally catch that it of pumpkin pie your sure to drop on Thanksgiving. Pair this with a long sleeve peasant dress or darker jeans and heeled boots.

5. Pump it up: While we would rather be in our fur lined boots, the Holiday season is the perfect excuse to play with metallic points and velvet wedges. Spice up any simple black dress with a shoe that says I bought and wrapped my Christmas presents 3 weeks early. 

Emerson contributor