This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

With only a few days left until Halloween, now is the time to take advantage of the beauty of Netflix and the many Halloween themed shows and movies it has to offer. From old American horror movie classics, to modern day psychological thrillers, Netflix has it all. Spend your week getting into the Halloween spirit with these 5 great Netflix shows and movies!

1. The Twilight Zone

An American classic since the late 1950s, The Twilight Zone is one of the most iconic Thriller/Sci-Fi series of all time, and for those who love to binge-watch shows on Netflix, The Twilight Zone may be your new favorite challenge with over 125 episodes readily available. With psychological twists and turns in each episode, The Twilight Zone never fails to leave its viewers feeling confused and scared, but after all, that’s what you get when “You’ve just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.”

2. American Horror Story

American Horror Story has been one of the most popular horror shows on television since 2011, and thanks to Netflix, the first two seasons are ready for you to re-live! With only 25 episodes making up seasons one and two, now is the best time of the year to revisit the thrills of the “Asylum” and the haunts of “Murder House.”

3. Insidious Chapter 2

It’s hard to find a sequel to a movie that lives up to its predecessor, but Insidious Chapter 2 does it by using the same actors from the original Insidious movie and expanding on its original story. If you liked the original Insidious, you’ll love Insidious Chapter 2. It will also get you excited for the third Insidious movie, set to release in May of 2015!

4. The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead is a modern day horror/drama series that has been capturing the hearts and souls of zombie lovers since 2010. An AMC original, The Walking Dead has generated a lot of buzz since its air date. Season 5 has only just begun, so hop on the band wagon and catch up on seasons 1-4 on Netflix now!

5. World War Z

Keeping with the zombie theme, World War Z is one of the greatest stories of world wide disease and its effects on a global population (zombies). While the film World War Z has been known to be dramatically different from the book written by Max Brooks, it still is a great horror film worth checking out. Not to mention, who doesn’t like seeing Brad Pitt save the day?

Emerson contributor