5 Easy Workouts to Get that Beach Body

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

It’s almost time to break out the bikini and head to the beach! If you want to tone up before summer hits, use some of these great, easy and short workouts to get your perfect beach body!

1. Chair Dips

For this exercise, you need to sit on the edge of a chair with your arms at either side of you. Slide off the chair and bend your elbows to 90 degrees, and then push yourself back up.

2. Oblique Crunches

These crunches are great for your abs. Lie down on the ground and cross your left leg over your right knee. Put your right hand behind your head and lift it towards your left knee. Switch to the other side regularly!

3. Superman

This is a pretty easy one, but still muscle-building. Lay on your stomach with your hands flat at your sides. At the same time, lift your head and chest up while lifting your lower legs off the ground. Your back should be arched towards the floor. 

4. Planks

Nearly everyone has done this at least once in their life, but it really is great for your abs. Lie down on your back. Clasp your hands in front of you with your elbows spread slightly apart, and plant your toes curled under on the floor. Lift up in an upward position for a push-up. 

5. V-seat

Here’s another that’s great for your abs, and it’s not difficult! Sit down on the floor, lift your legs in front of you, and the lift your back, keeping it straight. Make yourself sort of look like a human V!

Get started on these and watch your body mold to the shape you want it to be in! These workouts will not only prepare you for the summer, but make you feel healthier and better overall. Try them out!

Emerson contributor