10 Things to Do in Boston this Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

Boston is a beautiful city no matter what time of the year. Spring in Boston, though, is especially gorgeous. Here are our top picks for the best events and things to do in the city when the weather and scenery becomes nicer!

1.) Dear Boston: Messages from the Marathon at the Boston Public Library

April 07, 2014 to May 11, 2014 (daily)

This touching exhibit is a reminder of the love and support this city is built upon.  

2.) Visit the Isabella Gardner Museum

They have a gorgeous flower display they do for Spring yearly. Be sure to check it out!

3.) See a show!

-The Book of Mormon at the Boston Opera house

April 01, 2014 to April 27, 2014 (daily)

-The Blue Man Group at the Charles Playhouse (daily)

4.) Take a Duck Tour

This land and sea tour is a Boston favorite. If you haven’t already, make sure to take one of these fun tours!

5.) Attend a Red Sox game or Take a Tour of Fenway

Games at Fenway are always a blast, and the tour of Fenway is really neat to hear about all the rich history of this ballpark.

6.) Newbury Street

This street is great every time of the year, but in Spring the vibrancy really shines through. Get a bite to eat, take a stroll, or go shopping!

7.) Kayak on the Charles

You can rent out a kayak to take down the river. This is a great option to get some exercise and have some fun on a beautiful Spring day in the city.

8.) Arnold Arboretum

You can have a free guided tour at this breathtaking spot, or you can join in the festivities on May 11th for “Lilac Day”- a day dedicated to the flower itself!

9) Radio 929 EarthFest 

Hatch Shell

Saturday May 17, 2014

Come out for a day full of music, exhibits and various performances that all honor our Earth!

10.) The Scooper Bowl

Boston’s City Hall Plaza

June 3, 4, and 5

12-8 pm

Love ice cream? Love helping out a great cause even more? You can do both at The Jimmy Fund’s 32nd annual day of ice cream and philanthropy. All proceeds benefit the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. 

Alexandra is a senior at Emerson College studying writing, literature, and publishing.
Emerson contributor