emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 DIY Presents for Family and Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

If you’re running low on money but you still want to get something nice for your family and friends for the holiday, check out these awesome DIY presents.

Homemade Sharpie Mugs

Pick a quote or draw something simple and you have a personalized gift for anyone!

Candy Sleighs

Because who doesn’t love festive candy?

(Root) Beer Bottle Reindeers

This adorable gift can work for anyone in your life and is quick and easy to make!

Camera Strap

Know a camera lover? This is the perfect gift for them!

Shark Towel

If there’s a child you’re looking for a present for, make them one of these! They’re fun for kids and easy to make!

Fabric Clock

These beautiful clocks make the perfect decoration for anyone’s room!

Peppermint Candy Cane Scrub

This body scrub will make a friend feel great, and it’s festive too.

All-Natural Lip Balm

Winter means chapped lips, so help your friends prep for the season with some lip balm!

Dip-Dyed Candles

When the weather gets cold, break out some candles to keep your friends and family warm.

Handmade Soap

Channel your inner Tyler Durden and make your own soap for a friend!

Work on your artistic side and test out some of these awesome gifts!

Sarah Marcantonio is a sophomore Writing, Literature, and Publishing major. Sarah hopes to pursue a career writing in someway-- taking any job she can take. Her ultimate goal is to write for a bridal magazine. Born and raised in New Jersey, Sarah hopes to return to New York after graduation. She likes to write about feminism, Boston, current events at Emerson College, and pop culture. 
Emerson contributor