This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Sometimes it can be difficult to say “no” to the unhealthy foods that are oh so tempting. The key to kick starting your healthy diet just in time for the spring weather is substituting the sugary foods with something just as tasty.

SWAP

Milkshakes↔Smoothies

Creamy and rich milkshakes may taste great in the moment on that long hot spring day, but all in all the ice cream isn’t the healthiest option. Instead, you should try getting a smoothie such as chocolate banana, or banana peanut butter. These are filled with protein instead of fat and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time!

SWAP

Ice Cream↔Chobani Indulgent

It can sometimes be hard to resist those nighttime cravings. Go for the refrigerator instead of the freezer and grab one of the Chobani Indulgent yogurts. They taste just like ice cream, and are the perfect serving size for a sweet treat with several flavors.   

SWAP

Candy↔Frozen Fruit

Candy is one of the hardest cravings to kill…you can’t ever have just a few pieces. The best trick for combatting this unhealthy habit is replacing the candy with frozen fruit. You can buy bags of it at the grocery preprocessed, or my personal favorite is frozen grapes. You’ll FEEL and LOOK better after this major swap.

SWAP

Pretzels↔Veggie Chips

It can be SO hard to find that crunchy and salty substitute for pretzels. A popular trade off could be veggie chips. They have both veggie chips and veggie straws that are made with all real vegetables. Replacing the processed munchies with something more substantial is definitely a BETTER option.

SWAP

Cookies↔Rice Cakes

The worst feeling in the world is the stomachache you get after eating too many cookies. You can avoid it by swapping those baked goods with Quaker rice cakes. They have chocolate, caramel, and apple cinnamon flavors that satisfy the cravings while fighting off the fatigue. You can spice them up by adding some Nutella, almond butter, or peanut butter.

There are ways to get those sweets you constantly crave while maintaining a healthy diet. It isn’t necessary to get in the habit of eating junk food that will just make you feel worse about yourself in the end. Use these DELISH tips and think of other ways you can swap the foods you eat to be healthier.