This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Whether you’re hitting the white sands of St. Tropez or just spending the day at a nearby beach with friends, no fashionable collegiette should ever leave their home without these 10 essentials:

Bandeau Bikini – What better way to avoid those nasty tan lines than with a chic scalloped bandeau bikini? Marysia swimwear line has a variety of colors to choose from.

Floppy Sun Hat – Shield your face from the sun’s inescapable rays in style.  Floppy sun hats not only complete an effortless summer look, but also keep you cool.

Bright Patterned Beach Towel – Stand out from the crowd with a pop of orange. This Natori ombré towel is both affordable and chic.

Oversized Wayfarer Sunglasses – Invest in a pair of timeless sunglasses – you won’t regret it.  This pair of Georgio Armani shades will go with any beach ensemble.

Lip Balm With SPF – It’s all fun and games until you sunburn your lips and wake up the next morning looking like a clown.  EOS lip balms with SPH 15 are small enough to toss in your bag and have a variety of fun flavors such as Blueberry Acai and Honeysuckle Honeydew.

Simple Flip Flops – Tkees have taken over as the staple beach sandal.  With every hue and pattern imaginable, you can’t go wrong with this affordable essential.  Did I mention practically every celebrity in Hollywood owns a pair?

Lightweight Sunscreen – Neutrogena’s daily SPH 50 sunblock is both gentle and fragrance-free.  Wear it under your makeup without worrying about sweating it off or looking greasy!

Cosmo – Need I explain?

Beach Waves Texturizing Spray – Salty ocean hair is no longer a bad thing.  Tame and embrace your frizz with a texturizing hair spray.  Try Not Your Mother’s Beach Babe texturizing spray.  I promise it won’t disappoint. 

Carry-All Beach Tote – Invest in a bright colored Tory Burch tote that will stand out from the rest and hold all your beach day essentials.