Prep for the Perfect Formal with #HCSurvivalKits

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Formal season is upon us, and thanks to Her Campus’ Fall Survival Kits, you can be formal ready from head to toe! Plus, you can plan out your getting ready schedule hour-by-hour in one of Erin Condren’s amazing day planners.

Day Before: 

Clear, glowing skin + Alamance fountain at golden hour = 500+ likes on that perfect formal shot with your date. No matter your skin concern, Freeman beauty has single use clay “feel beautiful” masks to help you achieve the perfect complexion for the big night. For tired skin recovering from midterms, try the cucumber + pink salt mask. If you’re looking to clear out your pores, try manuka honey + tea tree oil, which also helps with redness and absorbs excess oil. The charcoal + black sugar is also great for detoxing pores and polishing for an even skin tone.

Spray tans are messy and expensive, and especially if you don’t have a car it’s a little inconvenient to get to. Luckily, L’Oréal has a line of self tanning products that are easy to use and don’t leave you looking like an Oompa-Loompa. Our favorite is the sublime bronze tanning towelette. One works for your whole body and dries quickly, so you can do it while your face mask dries. If you want a hands-free approach, try the spray version! Swipe a towelette all over your body before you hit the sheets and see results in the morning. 

Day Of: 

Sometimes the perfect blowout à la Dry Bar isn’t totally possible in the middle of Elon. Luckily, Bed Head has provided us with a full array of products so you can replicate the perfect hair you have when you leave the hairdresser. 

If you’re working with next-day hair: 

Use either the “Oh BEE HIVE!” mattifying dry shampoo on your scalp if you’re prone to excess oils, or ‘Rockaholic Dirty Secret” dry shampoo to prolong yesterday’s style. 

If you’re working towards a sleek look: 

Style hair as desired in a sleek pony or high top-knot and spray the area around the ponytail or the bun with “Mini Hard Head” to prevent any flyaways. Then, use “Masterpiece” shine spray on the top of your head for a shiny, glossy look. 

No look is complete without accessories, and our friends at Aéropostale have you covered no matter if you’re minimal or full glam. Consider adding a few statement rings stacked on one hand, a metallic choker or dangle earrings to add a pop to a solid dress or a colored hair tie for subtle color. 

Spindrift is also the perfect mixer for those over 21, with delicious fruity flavors and clean, aesthetically pleasing packaging, it’ll look way cuter in pictures than any red solo cup could. Raspberry lime is a game changer…for real. Plus, it’s simple ingredients make it guilt free! Sparkling water and real fruit, could it be any cleaner?

Be sure to throw a few  Hi-Chews into your bag to satisfy your sweet tooth, and maybe even throw a Steripod on your toothbrush for a clean minty fresh smile right before pictures! We hope you have an amazing formal season and can’t wait to see all the glamorous looks. 

Kayla is a senior journalism major from Boston, Massachusetts and has been with HCElon since her freshman year. At Elon, she is involved in The Edge Magazine, ENN and AOII.