My [Kind of] Grown-Up Christmas List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Christmas has been my favorite holiday since before I even knew what the holiday meant. I still feel nostalgic for the days I was certain that Santa Claus was real–I only partially doubt this truth now. As the years passed, Christmas became less about the day and more about the season. It’s a time of giving and gratitude, peace and cheer, and a time for coming home. With the passing time, my Christmas wishes became grander, yet harder to wrap in paper and tie with a ribbon. This year, this is my grown-up Christmas list (kind of.)

1. To go home.

While I love Elon just as much as the next girl, nothing beats coming home for the holidays to reunite with your high school best friends and get some quality family time.

2. Good grades.

Need I say more?

3. An endless supply of Christmas cookies.

Baked from scratch with Mom, preferably .

4. A summer internship.

That helps me land a job with a six figure salary, preferably.

5. To make my parents happy.

They deserve the world but being a broke college student limits what I can buy them to put under the tree. Even if it’s just with a Christmas card and a hug, I hope I can make them smile.

6. Sleep.

Because finals week has killed me a little bit and my bed at home is the comfiest.

7. Snow.

I know in N.C. that’s a bit of a stretch, but please, Santa?

8. A stronger faith.

Because when you have a relationship with God, you have everything you need.

9. A stronger community.

Needless to say, this year has been extremely difficult across the world, in our country,

and in our own state. I hope that we can rise above and overcome, together.

10. An open heart.

Closing yourself off to fear of pain is too easy. I want to learn to love stronger and more,

without borders.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, Elon. Safe travels home!

Sophomore. Journalism major. Creative Writing and Leadership minors.