Meet Sophia Mancini!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Meet Sophia Mancini! More commonly known as Fia to her friends and family she is finishing up her junior year and preparing for her future in the business world.

Hometown:

Fairfield, Connecticut

Major:

Finance & Business Analytics

Dream Job:

My dream job is to be part of a wealth management team to develop strategies to help clients pursue their goals and financial needs. I would like to either live in the Boston Area or New York City.

Beta Alpha Psi:

In Beta Alpha Psi, the business honors society, my position is called the financial literacy chair. The position coordinates financial literacy presentations with local elementary, middle and high schools. This position gives the chapter the chance to teach kids about important financial tools and help them to understand financial planning at a young age.

Summer Plans:

Last summer I had the opportunity to intern at a hedge fund called Discovery Capital Management with their finance team. This summer I will be interning at an asset management firm called BlackRock working with their institutional client business group in Boston.

I am a junior at Elon University from Connecticut! I am pursuing a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Journalism with a minor in Business Administration and Sport and Event Management. I have a passion for writing and enjoy incorporating that with my love for fashion, fitness and pop culture. I hope to one day move out to Los Angeles and work in entertainment news.