Meet Remy: Queen of Elon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Elon students are known for their jam packed schedules, and freshman Remy Lawson truly does it all. From leadership fellows to working at the Maker Hub to her sorority, Remy is the epitome of all Elon has to offer!

Name: Remy Lawson

Hometown: Medfield, MA

Major: Strategic Communications

What is your involvement on campus?:  I work at the Maker Hub, an on-campus makerspace with sewing machines, 3D printers, and vinyl cutters. Through this job, I have had the unique opportunity to be trained in various tools and machines, some of which I didn’t even know existed! It has fostered a sense of creativity and I now love working on personal projects. Also, in January, I rushed a sorority and I am so lucky to be apart of such a positive organization. It has connected me with many strong and inspiring women from various grades. Lastly, one of my favorite groups to be a part of is the leadership fellows community. I applied for this position as a senior in high school and I had no idea how much it would impact my college experience so far.

What is your favorite part about leadership fellows?: My favorite part is definitely the people. Through various fellows retreats, leadership workshops, and leadership minor classes, my cohort has become very close. The fellows represent a diverse range of backgrounds, interests, majors, and personalities. However, we act as a family. Whenever I need help, even if it’s just asking for a hand to carry in groceries, I know I can count on the fellows.

Where is your favorite spot on campus?:  I love sitting on the porch of west. Coming from the cold weather in Boston, I cherish every warm moment at Elon. If the temperature is above 55 degrees, I’m sitting on the porch doing homework! I also love that I can be social while doing my work, striking conversations with every girl who walks into west. Especially now that it’s springtime, the view from the porch involves beautiful purple flowers and bright green grass, the perfect setting for completing homework.

What do you love most about Elon?: I love that there is always something going on around campus. With such a prevalent Greek life community and an active student union board, there’s rarely a dull weekend. Whether it be attending a speaker, going to Bingo night, or petting dogs at your friends philanthropy event, there are many events offered to Elon students. One of my all time favorite things about Elon is Turner theater! I love the fact that Elon offers a free movie theater to students. I go out of my way to always take full advantage of it!

I am a Freshman at Elon University and originally from Philadelphia, PA. I am currently obtaining a degree in Strategic Communications. I have always loved to write, and Her Campus provides an amazing platform to connect with other college females around the world!