Lauren Miskovsky: Life Devoted to Health

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Lauren has always had a passion for exercise and nutrition, and it didn’t take her long to realize that she could not imagine pursuing a career that didn’t involve them in some way.  

Lauren found that she enjoyed researching and learning about food which prompted her to write articles for Balanced University, an online health and wellness magazine for college students. However, the online magazine was soon taken down, which inspired Lauren to create a blog of her own.

On her personal blog, Lauren offers tips on eating well and staying fit, all while maintaining a healthy mindset, the most important of all.  Her blog also contains related topics including highly effective workout routines, delicious recipes, and reminders for everyone to love their bodies.

Lauren’s ultimate goal is to open her own gym and cafe that focuses on health in a holistic way: balance. Her blog posts were influenced by her own personal experience and research. Her biggest focus is to stay real.

“There is no perfect cure, ideal weight or optimal meal plan. We have to understand our own bodies and find what works for us. Its not a comparison but rather a discovery,” Lauren says.

Today, Lauren works at Gold’s Gym six days a week, teaching Cycle, Spin, HIIT and Barre classes. She recently started working at Burlington Nutrition, and is a Quest Squad Ambassador. She is always open to answering questions, so if you’re interested in getting to know more about her and the lifestyle she leads, don’t hesitate to reach out!

Lauren’s favorite part about fitness and nutrition is that it is always changing. There are always new workouts and recipes to try, and in her future, she is thrilled to learn more from herself and those around her.

Go-to breakfast: Oatmeal mixed with quest protein powder, or a smoothie with protein powder and green

Go-to lunch: Either a homemade kale salad with canned tuna, avocado, and a piece of Ezekiel bread, or a turkey wrap with hummus and carrots

Go-to dinner: Chicken or salmon, sweet potato, broccoli, and brussels sprouts

Favorite snack: Either Nut Thins and peanut butter, carrots and hummus, or a quest bar

Favorite dessert: Usually Halo Top or a Lenny and Larry cookie, but any type of ice cream is my ultimate favorite

Favorite workout: Definitely cycling. The adrenaline and feeling afterwards is indescribable

Favorite quote: “Healthy doesn’t mean a salad. Healthy isn’t a measure of weight. Being healthy involves your mind, spirit and heart just as much as it involves your body. Each person’s version of healthy is different. Sweets don’t make you unhealthy but sadness will.”