Freshman 101 – What You Won’t Want to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Every freshmen steps onto this campus nervous and excited of to expect throughout their time at Elon University. The problem is, you don’t know where to start…. Don’t worry! Here is your all –you- need- to- know- guide of major events and things you don’t want to miss.

Elon has so much to offer including the Elon Color Run, the organization fair, the Christmas light show, having dinner at President Leo Lambert’s house, and much more!

The Color Run: Every year, Elon’s Campus Recreation, holds the annual color run where students run a 2k while being sprayed with bright colors. This event is a way to be active and have fun with your friends and potentially meet new people. Being sprayed with colors and having your entire clothes look rainbow is my favorite part and it’s an event you don’t want to miss!

Get Involved: I’m sure you’ve heard that Elon students are involved one way or another on this campus… and it’s true! Elon students love to be an active member on this campus whether it’s from being involved in Greek life, to playing a club sport, to volunteering. The organization fair was a great way to see different clubs and organizations offered at this school. After receiving information and interest meeting dates of when clubs are meeting, I highly suggest following through and trying out some of the clubs and organizations you signed up for! Even if you only go to one meeting it is a great way to meet new people

Luminaries: Christmas at Elon is spectacular and every year a light show is held outside of Alamance fountain, where all of the lights are turned on outside of Mosley and Alamance. The glistening lights and the beautiful fountains light up the entire school. Christmas songs, free hot chocolate, and beautiful luminaries are something you and your friends should definitely not miss out on.

Holiday Dinner at President Lamberts: Have you ever wanted to have dinner with a president? Well now you can… President Leo Lambert of Elon University invites all students to attend a beautiful dinner at his home each year. Students are able to dress up and enjoy a lovely holiday dinner with the president! (You even get to take a picture with him!)

Bucket List: Here are the top 10 things you definitely don’t want to miss out on while you are here at Elon!

1.     Steel a brick (shh don’t tell anyone)

2.     Go to “Late Night” at McEwen

3.     Attend either the fall or spring concert

4.     Jump in a fountain

5.     Go to Midnight Meals

6.     Attend a SUB event

7.     Stay at the library until midnight and receive free Panera on Wednesdays!

8.     Attend a sporting event

9.     Join a club

10.  Attend College Coffee

Nicole Appleby is a sophmore at Elon University majoring in Strategic Communications and minoring in Professional Writing.