Fashion of Summer 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Every summer, new trends appear and old ones resurface. With summer 2017 just around the corner, it is important to be up to date with the latest ones.

Some popular looks to prepare for this upcoming season include, bright florals, bold stripes and mixing and matching patterns of your choice. A lot of the time, people do not want to take the risk of wearing a new style, especially if they think it is too bold for them.

As long as you do not go overboard and, instead, wear patterns in moderation, there is no need to fear a little change in your wardrobe. One way to ease into wearing a bold pattern is by choosing neutral colors so it does not feel as flashy. While you are still wearing the pattern, it will not feel as forced or bold.

Other staple accessories that are improving and evolving every season are sandals and sunglasses. A good pair of gladiator sandals can make any outfit pop and is essential to one’s summer wardrobe. With styles that tie all the way up the leg or just cuff around the ankle, there are so many options to choose from. In particular, Sam Edelman and Steve Madden are known for having fun styles and incorporating bright and metallic colors as well as patterns.

On the other hand Ray-Ban sunglasses are always a classic go to. The round style has made a bold statement this past year. The glasses add a touch of 80s but are also very versatile and subtle to piece with any outfit. Tinted sunglasses have also made a reappearance this season. Seen on many celebrities and even on the runway, a yellow transparent tint in any shape or size can really give your outfit a different, retro feel. Although they may not be the best for blocking out the sun, they can make anyone look trendy. 

With many trends to choose from, there’s bound to be one that’s right for you!

I am a junior at Elon University from Connecticut! I am pursuing a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Journalism with a minor in Business Administration and Sport and Event Management. I have a passion for writing and enjoy incorporating that with my love for fashion, fitness and pop culture. I hope to one day move out to Los Angeles and work in entertainment news.