Ensure Your Lunch Will Never Be Boring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Already sick of the food at the dinning halls? Tired of using your extra meal swipes and blowing your meal dollars?  Even though it is the first month of school, we are all starting to see ourselves getting too comfortable with the food on campus that makes the selections unappealing. We are all at that age that we want to develop healthy eating habits, but with the limited choices on campus we struggle to keep motivated to eat right.

Pinterest is a great resource to find healthy and colorful food that will keep your taste buds tingling. Your mind will run wild with all the recipes and creative ideas that Pinterest has to offer. Here are a few healthy and unique solutions to spice up your food life.

Remember when you were a little child and all you craved in the morning was Eggo waffles? Now take your childhood obsession and swap it out with sandwich bread! Place your favorite lunchtime meats, veggies, condiments, or whatever your heart’s desire is and smash it in-between two Eggo Waffles. To compliment your Eggo sandwich, grab some fresh carrots and Sabra red bell pepper humus as your side: a healthier alternative than a bag of chips or pretzels.

As busy students constantly on the move, the most important meal to kick start our day is breakfast. Instead of grabbing your usual yogurt on the way out the door, try mixing it up with a morning smoothie. This smoothie is made up of grapes, strawberries, spinach and bananas. These ingredients give you a good source of energy and nutrients to get your metabolism going.

Have some left over hot dog buns? Don’t let them go to waste.! Try a banana hot dog! Yes, a banana hot dog is a tasty snack filled with good protein, potassium and healthy fats. Don’t let your banana dog be boring. Add some peanut butter and jelly to add some flavor instead of plastering the high-sugar ketchup and mustard.

If you want more zesty ideas to spice up your meals, check out Pinterest! The website is full of fun recipes that satisfy all kinds of taste buds. It is so easy to add diversity to your meal choices. Don’t let yourself get bored of eating! Get creative and enjoy eating the foods you love.