yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Elon Fall: A To-Do List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

It’s safe to say that the majority of Elon students agree that not much beats Elon in the fall. We’re already a few weeks into the season, so here are a few must-dos to check off your list before winter comes.

Visit a pumpkin patch

There are plenty of pumpkin patches to choose from within the Burlington/ Elon area to find your perfect pumpkin. Whether your intent is to carve it, paint it or to just use it as decoration, nothing says fall more than pumpkin picking with friends.

Photo accessed from: iseleyfarms.com

Go for a hike at Hanging Rock State Park

Only an hour and a half car ride away from Elon’s campus, Hanging Rock is a great place to be active and enjoy the outdoors. The leaves changing colors and the cooler temperatures make for the perfect fall day-trip.

Photo accessed from: ncparks.gov

Go to the North Carolina State Fair

If you weren’t able to attend this year’s state fair then make sure to mark your calendar for next year. The NC State Fair in Raleigh is an annual fall event that is packed with fried food, rides and so much more that will be sure to bring back great childhood memories.

Photo accessed from: lifeincary.com

Go to a haunted house

With Halloween around the corner, it’s the perfect time to get a little spooky. If you want the full haunted house experience, be sure to check out Woods of Terror in Greensboro, NC. Voted one of the best haunted attractions in the US, it’s sure to leave you terrified.

Photo accessed from: visitgreensboronc.com

Bake a fall-inspired dessert

This is the time of the year when it starts getting chillier and sometimes all you want to do it snuggle up with a blanket and some comfort food [insert fall treat here]. Whether you make something with apple, pumpkin or a combination of the two; it’s the best time of the year to enjoy these amazing fall flavors. And hey, don’t worry about feeling guilty for treating yourself sometimes. That’s when those bulky, warm, fall sweaters come in handy, right?

Photo accessed from: smittenkitchen.com

I'm Caroline Morelock and I am a senior at Elon University.