Dylan Clark-Sophomore Baseball Pitcher

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

For a normal Elon collegiette™, spring in the bubble is the best time of the year: warm weather, lying out by the lakes, paroozing through campus, windows down and blasting country music. But for Sophomore Dylan Clark, spring at Elon means one thing: Baseball season.

This 6’5” Campus Celeb (who could also double as “Campus Cutie”) grew up loving the game. Born and raised in Manchester, New Hampshire, Dylan spent his years watching the Red Sox play, dreaming of being on that mound wearing his stripes with pride. His first memory is throwing the ball with his dad when he was a mere two years old. From playing tee-ball to a becoming division one pitcher, Dylan Clark is on his way to make his dream come true.

Still, Dylan battles daily trials and tribulations like any other college student. “Every year you get older your dreams become more realistic. Would I love to be a baseball player when I grow up? Of course,” Dylan said. “But instead I will probably be a college baseball coach. It might sound corny but it’s really a passion of mine… Being with a team, being a part of something.”

This leftie could have played baseball anywhere, Dartmouth included, but instead Dylan chose Elon.  As much as he loves baseball, he also likes to have a good time, go fishing and just relax and be a normal kid. Want to win Dylan’s heart? Cook him up some fettuccini alfredo and blast some classic rock. Dylan describes his music taste as eclectic and likes to jam out to most tunes besides hardcore rap — And out of all the advanced studies he could have enrolled in, business major, Dylan, chose Dance History.

But unfortunately ladies, you won’t see him busting out his moves anytime soon, as Dylan and the rest of the team practice seven hours a week and is on the field playing games every weekend. Although the huge time commitment, number 33 enjoys his life at Elon and thinks of his fellow teammates as brothers. You can check Dylan and the rest of the baseball team out next weekend Friday, April 8, 2011 as they host Wofford in Rhodes Stadium. 

Avery is a sophomore at Elon University majoring in Print Journalism. She's involved with the yearbook, Phi Psi Cli, and the newspaper, The Pendulum, as well as a four year honors program called Leadership Fellows, and is also a member of Alpha Xi Delta, Theta Nu Chapter. Born and raised at the real Jersey Shore, she loves the beach, traveling, writing, running, and shopping. She recently studied abroad in Costa Rica for January Term, and hopes to go abroad for a semester in the fall of 2011. She hopes to move to Manhattan after she graduates and work for a women's magazine. Avery is excited to have the chance to bring Her Campus to Elon University.