Caitlin Brady: Student Government Involvement

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Name: Caitlin Brady

Hometown: Greenwich, CT

Year: Sophomore

Major:  Strategic Communications

Involvement on campus: Student Government Association, Women’s Club Lacrosse, Public Relations Student Society of America, and Phi Mu Gamma Nu Fraternity

What is a typical Student Government meeting like?

Student Government meetings are held every Thursday at 7:30 PM in Mosley 215. They typically consist of special allocations which is when people from different organizations or Elon students present their allocation or grant to attend something. Then the Student Government senators vote on whether or not to provide this money for them. We also discuss and vote on different legislation and programs that people present. Lastly, there is open forum that allows all of the senators to say their announcements or bring up important topics that need to be discussed. Overall, the meetings take between an hour and a half to three hours depending on the business that needs to be accomplished.

Favorite part about Elon:

My favorite part about Elon is the atmosphere that exists on campus. It is obvious that every student loves Elon and thus it provides an extremely supportive and connected community.

Are you traveling abroad?

I am studying abroad in the Fall of 2017 and I am going on the Semester at Sea Program. This is an amazing opportunity that Elon offers unlike many other schools and I will be traveling to 11 countries, 13 cities and 4 continents in only 106 days.

What are your plans for the summer?

I am interning at ICR communications which is a Public and Investor Relations Agency located in New York City. I will be participating in a ten week internship program as a Public Relations intern for the Technology Team.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years I see myself living somewhere in the North with a family of three kids. I will be working as an event planner at a big company or working for a famous sports team. 

Allie Keigher Elon University Class of 2019 Greenwich, CT Communication Design major and Digital Art minor