The best places for coffee and tea near Elon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Looking for a place off campus to relax and get the best freshly brewed cup of coffee?  We’re here to help!

The Blend & co. located on East Front Street in Historic downtown Burlington is just ten minutes off campus and the perfect getaway spot.  Elon collegiettes love spending time in this cozy spot, working away at their homework or chatting with friends.  

Along with an array of the best coffee, tea and lattes the Blend & co. also offers fresh baked goods, smoothies, oatmeal and yogurt parfaits.  Their goal, according to their website, is to “provide a quality product, excellent customer service, and an enjoyable environment,” and after only opening in March of 2015, the Blend & co. is doing a great job and is always packed with happy customers.  

The Blend & co. prides itself on sustainability and creating healthy, quality and organic lifestyles for their customers.  The shop is open Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. and Friday and Saturdays 7 a.m. until 9 p.m.

If you don’t have access to a car or would rather stay on campus, there are a few other great options:

• Argo Tea: This option is located inside of the Global Commons and contains a wide variety of coffees, teas and pastries.

• The Oak House: This cozy spot is located downtown on North Williamson Ave and sells coffees, teas and pastries.

• Irazu: This is a great, relaxing atmosphere located inside of the Moseley Center that sells coffees, teas, small snacks and pastries.

• Acorn: This spot is also located downtown and sells coffees and teas along with sandwiches, bagels and a variety of tasty snacks.

• Java City: Many don’t know but this shop is located in the Koury Business Center and sells a variety of coffees, teas and beverages.

My name is Casey Torto and I am a freshman at Elon University.  I am from just outside of Boston Massachusetts and attended Pingree High School.  This is my first year with Her Campus and I hope to major in either Marketing or Communications.