Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Elon Archives

Eason Warren '17

By Natalie Khouri
May 10, 2014 - 11:30am

Name: Eason Warren Age: 18 Hometown: Greenville, NC Year in School: Class of 2017 Major: International Business Minor: Spanish Relationship Status: Single   Involvement on campus:  Club soccer, Pi Kappa Phi, The Elon Network   Favorite pick up line? "Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I’ll give it back."   READ MORE

Need a Change? New iPhone Cases You Won't Get Bored Of

By Sarah Morrison
May 9, 2014 - 11:30am

When it comes to iPhone cases, it's important to find the right balance between aesthetics, practicality, and affordability. One would think that this would be an easy feat—considering the amount of cases on the market today. However, collegiates are finding that the quest for a case that effortlessly emulates their personality—while not breaking the bank—is easier said than done. Collegiates ought to look for cases that will turn heads, not roll eyes! Vendors like Society6 and Anthropologie provide a much needed breath of fresh air from conventional brands found at your nearest Target store, or even your nearest Apple store. Here's a peek at some of the most original iPhone cases out there (from minimal to maximum protection), many of which are found off the...

Where are they Now? A Look Back at Our Favorite 90's Stars

By Elizabeth Benjamin
May 8, 2014 - 11:30am

All of us collegiates are 90’s babies, so we remember the “good old days” fondly. Some of the best memories, and we can agree, some of the best teen stars got their start during our decade of birth. Just like you have your favorite DCOM, you’re sure to have your favorite 90’s star. Here’s a look at where some of our favorite stars from the decade are today!   Tia and Tamera Mowry READ MORE

Nail Colors For Your Every Mood

By Nicole Appleby
May 7, 2014 - 11:30am

Every girl loves a clean-cut manicure, am I right? But let’s be honest… choosing the color that fits your mood just right is definitely the hardest part. But don’t worry; here is a list of the best colors by Essie for spring 2014 that you will love! If you are looking for a bright and happy spring color try out: Style Hunter (Hot pink) - by Essie Hide & Go Chic (Bright blue) - by Essie Resort Fling (Coral) - by Essie   READ MORE

Top 10 TV Shows

By Cristina Cartagena
May 2, 2014 - 11:30am

One Tree Hill (9 seasons) This series follows the life of high school students from small town Tree Hill, NC, where the greatest source of pride is the high school basketball team, the Ravens. You will fall in love with each and one of them, cry when something sad happens to them and laugh with all their hilarious moments. READ MORE

The Perfect Bag is Hard to Find

By J.C. Craig
May 1, 2014 - 11:30am

If you’re anything like me, you need a bag wherever you go. Not only is it a sort-of security blanket, but my purse is also my best organizational tool. Whether you’re going to class, the beach or out for the night, finding that perfect bag can be tricky. Size, shape, comfort and style are all major factors to think about when purchasing a new purse. Here are some of my favorite options that you’ll love for summer!   My #1 READ MORE

How To: Crop Tops

By Natalie Khouri
April 30, 2014 - 11:30am

Crop tops are bringing the ‘90s back! They’ve become a huge trend this past year, and they’re here to stay this spring and summer. While many girls second-guess whether or not they can pull this sexier look off, there’s a multitude of ways to do so in flattering many different body types! You can wear them boho, feminine, preppy, or whatever style you strut. Dress them up, dress them down, just make sure you’re dressing them to your style this year!   With a Maxi Skirt READ MORE

Grocery Story Beauty Finds

By J.C. Craig
April 29, 2014 - 11:30am

A desire for beautiful hair and perfectly smooth skin is huge for many girls, but it is hard to keep up on a college budget. There are always new beauty products on the market, but when you also have the necessary shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant in your cart, things start to add up. What if I told you there is a way to flawless beauty that doesn’t involve spending $50 on moisturizer? Here’s the secret: Skip Ulta and Sephora and try Harris Teeter or Loews! Believe it or not, many amazing, natural beauty products can be found in the aisles of your local grocery store. Here are a few of my favorites. I promise you won’t be disappointed!   Coconut Oil READ MORE

Fun Things to do on Campus this Spring

By Elizabeth Benjamin
April 28, 2014 - 11:30am

Now that we are back in the swing of things going into the home stretch of the school year, on-campus life is just getting started! There are many events held on-campus after spring break, and if you are looking to get out of your everyday routine once in a while, here are some ideas:   Girl’s Movie Night READ MORE

The Ten Most Common Instagram Photos

By Emily Keefe
April 27, 2014 - 11:30am

It’s a weekend morning. You yawn, stretch, and take care of the day’s first order of business: Instagram. You have eight hours of photos to catch up on! Here are the ten posts you are most likely to see. 10. The College Decision Description: Alright, it’s time to announce one of your biggest life decisions. To Instagram you go! But what photo will you post? The college crest? The campus? Your acceptance letter? A photo of you in your future school’s sweatshirt? The possibilities are endless. When it doubt, PicStitch it out. READ MORE