Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Elon Archives

Fun Things to do on Campus this Spring

By Elizabeth Benjamin
April 28, 2014 - 11:30am

Now that we are back in the swing of things going into the home stretch of the school year, on-campus life is just getting started! There are many events held on-campus after spring break, and if you are looking to get out of your everyday routine once in a while, here are some ideas:   Girl’s Movie Night READ MORE

The Ten Most Common Instagram Photos

By Emily Keefe
April 27, 2014 - 11:30am

It’s a weekend morning. You yawn, stretch, and take care of the day’s first order of business: Instagram. You have eight hours of photos to catch up on! Here are the ten posts you are most likely to see. 10. The College Decision Description: Alright, it’s time to announce one of your biggest life decisions. To Instagram you go! But what photo will you post? The college crest? The campus? Your acceptance letter? A photo of you in your future school’s sweatshirt? The possibilities are endless. When it doubt, PicStitch it out. READ MORE

The Ultimate Candle Guide: Find the Perfect Candle for Every Room!

By Emily Keefe
April 26, 2014 - 11:30am

Picture this. You’re tiredly wandering around the mall, Starbucks and Free People bag in hand. Aha – The Yankee Candle Company! You can’t have too many candles, right? You stroll in to the store and are immediately overwhelmed by scents, styles, and colors. Where do you begin? Check out this guide to find the perfect candle!   Common Area Key Feature(s): Subtle scent, aesthetically pleasing, matches color scheme of room Personal Favorite: Summer Wish by Yankee Candle Company READ MORE

Alec Horter '17

By Elizabeth Benjamin
April 25, 2014 - 11:30am

Name: Alec Horter Age: 19 Birthdate: October 25, 1994 Hometown: Philadelphia, PA Major: Marketing   Involved on Campus: Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity, College Republicans   What is your biggest turn-off? “When girls wear too much makeup”   What is your favorite thing about Elon? “The southern feel and good people”   READ MORE

This Season's Hottest Beach Essentials

By Marina Panagopulos
April 24, 2014 - 11:30am

Whether you’re hitting the white sands of St. Tropez or just spending the day at a nearby beach with friends, no fashionable collegiette should ever leave their home without these 10 essentials:   Bandeau Bikini – What better way to avoid those nasty tan lines than with a chic scalloped bandeau bikini? Marysia swimwear line has a variety of colors to choose from.   Floppy Sun Hat – Shield your face from the sun’s inescapable rays in style.  Floppy sun hats not only complete an effortless summer look, but also keep you cool.   Bright Patterned Beach Towel – Stand out from the crowd with a pop of orange. This Natori ombré towel is both affordable and chic.   READ MORE

10 Things to Look for in a Guy

By Natalie Khouri
April 23, 2014 - 11:30am

When you’re on the search for that someone special, it’s always important to have an idea of what qualities you need. While the perfect guy will never exist, never settle for anything less than what you deserve. Every girl deserves a guy who will treat her like the princess she really is. Whether you’re looking for the reformed bad boy like Chuck Bass, or the complete sweetheart like Ryan Gosling, your man needs to have these qualities for the best relationship.  As someone once said, “Keep your head, heels, and standards high.”   Confidence READ MORE

10 Grilled Cheese Recipes You'll Crave All Day Long

By Rachel Shippee
April 22, 2014 - 2:44pm

The Grilled Cheese. Soft, melted cheese kept warm inside two perfectly toasted pieces of bread, creating a simple yet delicious sandwich. Sometimes, grilled cheese every day for a week can become monotonous – no matter how many different types of cheese you decide to put on it. It’s time to get kitchen-crazy and add some amazing new ingredients to the mix. Check out these exciting grilled cheese recipes that will make your stomach grumble until you get up and make one. Right now. No seriously, start buttering the bread now and grab these ingredients to add to the flavor your body is craving.   Apple, Cheddar & Bacon Grilled Cheese Ingredients:    - Thick slices of bread of your choice...

What To Wear to a Fraternity Banquet

By Victoria Dolan
April 21, 2014 - 1:00pm

I hate being the girl who packs too much. Ever stand in your closet and come up with reasons that justify why you might need something even if you haven’t worn it in months? That’s always me and as a result my bag is usually twice as big as any of my guy friend’s bags, even just for a quick weekend away. READ MORE

Your New Summer Obsession: Açaí Bowls

By Cristina Cartagena
April 21, 2014 - 12:25pm

Let me introduce your new summer obsession: Açaí. The açaí is a berry that comes from the açaí palm in South America, most common in the Brazilian Amazon. It’s a black-purple color, similar to the grape, but smaller in size. In Brazil, they have nicknamed this superfruit the “Beauty Berry” because it has so many compounds that make the body both feel and look better from the inside out. Its combination of antioxidants, amino acids and omega fatty acids all help slow the aging process by boosting immune and metabolic function and removing destructive free radicals from our bodies. Plus, the açaí has all the vitamins and minerals of most fruits! READ MORE

Stumped at Starbucks? Here's What to Order

By Kathleen Pallotta
April 21, 2014 - 12:10pm

We all know that at times Starbucks unlimited menu can be very overwhelming.  It can be hard to narrow it down to just one drink when there is everything from frappuccinos to lattes to iced coffee and more! Instead of ordering a classic skinny vanilla latte, try one of these tasty treats that will keep you cool and refreshed all summer long!  For Coffee Lovers Mocha Light Frappuccino Caramel Light Frappuccino Java Chip Frappuccino READ MORE