Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Elon Archives

Dan Gaffey '16 & Jordan Jeter '16

By J.C. Craig
September 12, 2014 - 10:00am

Dan Gaffey, Junior Jordan “J Swag” Jeter, Junior   These two BFFS are studying abroad this semester in London and are an absolute package deal.   Birthdate: Dan - January 21, 1994 Jordan - May 7, 1994   Hometown: Dan - San Diego, CA Jordan - Raleigh, NC   Major: Dan - Marketing READ MORE

Granola to Glam: Birkenstocks are Back

By Marina Panagopulos
September 11, 2014 - 10:00am

You either hate it or you love it, and you most certainly don’t have to travel back to the 60’s to rock it. Spotted on trend-setting celebs like Alexa Chung, Heidi Klum, and Miranda Kerr, Birkenstocks have risen through the ranks to become number one in style and comfort for summer footwear. These slip-on, buckled sandals have taken the fashion world by storm—one flower child, and one fashion blogger at a time.     READ MORE

Cellphones Keep You Close to the People Further Away but Distance You From the People that are Closer

By Cristina Cartagena
September 5, 2014 - 10:00am

How many times have you been with your group of friends and you notice that everyone is using their phone? I know I have, and I’ve been one of the people always using my phone. Recently I’ve been trying to stop using my phone when I am with my friends, if I am with them its because I want to spend time with them, not my phone. Little by little I have encouraged my friends to do the same. I know it’s hard, we can’t live without our phones, but if you have the opportunity to be with your friends enjoy it! Think about it, when you are in College you only see these friends for what, 8 month a year right? For only 4 years! Unless they are older than you or younger so you have less time with them. Then you go home for the summer and winter break and you see...

Workout Clothing: Brands that Won’t Break the Bank

By Miranda Murphy
September 4, 2014 - 10:00am

The next time you walk around campus take a look around. I bet you more than half the girls you see will be in workout clothes. Most likely, half of those dressed for the gym won’t make it to the gym that day. Workout clothes are the go-to outfit for us. Not only are yoga pants and tank comfortable, it also makes getting ready in the morning almost effortless. Lululemon and Athletica have become staple names for college girls, but let’s be real, 82 dollars for workout leggings is expensive and unnecessary. Sure, you like the brand name, but what you’re really paying for is that tiny little emblem on the side of your pants that no one but you will notice. Why not buy cheaper, still comfortable, workout clothes?...

Fresh & Chic Has Never Seemed This Easy

By Tatum Pederson
August 21, 2014 - 9:00am

As we fast forward into fall, and another summer season sails behind us, we can’t help but wonder what type of clothing and accessories we should be sporting this season. Luckily, a brand called Klara Kelly has been catching eyes across Massachusetts. Klara Kelly has been hitting the ball out of the park with different prints, accessories, and comfortable wear. READ MORE

Surviving Heartbreak: Best Ways To Deal With a Break Up

By Miranda Murphy
May 11, 2014 - 11:30am

The (sad) truth is 95% of us have had our heartbroken at one point or another. Whether it was in your past, is happening now, or will happen one day in the future, heartbreak is the worst feeling; trust me, I know. Let me guess- you felt like you were alone? You felt like no one understood the pain and confusion you were going through? You felt, at times, like nothing would make it better? I promise you, time heals all wounds. Now I am not saying that you’ll ever completely let go or move on, but I am promising that every day will get a little bit better and easier. Start focusing on yourself for a change. This is your time to be selfish and to pamper yourself. READ MORE

Eason Warren '17

By Natalie Khouri
May 10, 2014 - 11:30am

Name: Eason Warren Age: 18 Hometown: Greenville, NC Year in School: Class of 2017 Major: International Business Minor: Spanish Relationship Status: Single   Involvement on campus:  Club soccer, Pi Kappa Phi, The Elon Network   Favorite pick up line? "Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I’ll give it back."   READ MORE

Need a Change? New iPhone Cases You Won't Get Bored Of

By Sarah Morrison
May 9, 2014 - 11:30am

When it comes to iPhone cases, it's important to find the right balance between aesthetics, practicality, and affordability. One would think that this would be an easy feat—considering the amount of cases on the market today. However, collegiates are finding that the quest for a case that effortlessly emulates their personality—while not breaking the bank—is easier said than done. Collegiates ought to look for cases that will turn heads, not roll eyes! Vendors like Society6 and Anthropologie provide a much needed breath of fresh air from conventional brands found at your nearest Target store, or even your nearest Apple store. Here's a peek at some of the most original iPhone cases out there (from minimal to maximum protection), many of which are found off the...

Where are they Now? A Look Back at Our Favorite 90's Stars

By Elizabeth Benjamin
May 8, 2014 - 11:30am

All of us collegiates are 90’s babies, so we remember the “good old days” fondly. Some of the best memories, and we can agree, some of the best teen stars got their start during our decade of birth. Just like you have your favorite DCOM, you’re sure to have your favorite 90’s star. Here’s a look at where some of our favorite stars from the decade are today!   Tia and Tamera Mowry READ MORE

Nail Colors For Your Every Mood

By Nicole Appleby
May 7, 2014 - 11:30am

Every girl loves a clean-cut manicure, am I right? But let’s be honest… choosing the color that fits your mood just right is definitely the hardest part. But don’t worry; here is a list of the best colors by Essie for spring 2014 that you will love! If you are looking for a bright and happy spring color try out: Style Hunter (Hot pink) - by Essie Hide & Go Chic (Bright blue) - by Essie Resort Fling (Coral) - by Essie   READ MORE