Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Elon Archives

Spring Shoe Essentials

By Natalie Khouri
March 23, 2014 - 11:30am

It’s beginning to look a lot like springtime, everywhere you go. The sun is shining bright and the birds are your new alarm clocks. Ladies, go find a feminine shade of nail polish, toss those riding boots and Uggs out the window, and whip out the spring shoe essentials. I haven’t been fortunate enough to experience Elon in the springtime quite yet, but from what I have been told, it’s the most magical time of year. Guys grilling and playing basketball while we flaunt our flirtiest sundresses, sounds like a good time for everyone. Everything is happier in the spring, and like we learned from Cinderella, a simple pair of shoes can change your life! Here’s the list of shoes that can complement those sundresses like no other....

Nick Mastrocola '15

By Corinne James
March 22, 2014 - 11:30am

Name: Nick Mastrocola   Age: 20   Birth Date: June 30, 1993   Year in School: Junior   Hometown: Ipswich, MA   Major: Environmental Studies   Involved on Campus: Kappa Alpha Order Fraternity, Intramural Sports   READ MORE

Sleep: Are You Getting Enough?

By Emily Keefe
March 20, 2014 - 11:30am

Almost ninety percent of college students are sleep deprived. As sleep is vital to our health and well-being, this statistic is shocking. Sleep has the power to regulate mood swings, increase learning ability, and strengthen the immune system. How you feel when you’re awake depends on the your sleeping habits, so maybe we should pay a bit more attention to how much sleep we’re actually getting. Are you part of the elite percentage of college students that sleep properly? Take this quiz to find out! READ MORE

5 Spring Break Reads

By Rachel Shippee
March 19, 2014 - 11:30am

There’s nothing I love more than lounging on a sandy beach, light salty breeze tickling my face with the sun shining overhead, and a great book in my hand. Particularly when it’s Spring Break and all the stress of midterms and profit shares have long washed away. If you’re like me and are craving to read a book that doesn’t result in an essay or test, check these fun reads out!   The Fault in Our Stars by John Green READ MORE

Cosmetics for Animal Lovers

By Karina Pepe
March 18, 2014 - 11:30am

Did you know many highly successful and commonly used cosmetic brands use animal testing? If you’re an animal lover trying to avoid products that use animals to test their products, it may seem like there are not many options. Fortunately, there are several widely sold cosmetic companies that test their products without animals! Here’s some of the companies that are safe for the animal lover’s skin: Bare Escentuals Bonne Bell Burt’s Bees E.L.F. Cosmetics LUSH Cosmetics READ MORE

Get a Spring Break Body...No Matter Where You're Headed!

By Karina Pepe
March 17, 2014 - 11:30am

Spring break is coming up in just a few weeks! It’s time to start working on that beach body! Spring break is coming up in less than one month, and no matter where you’re going, being fit and in shape can’t hurt! Whether you’re trying to tone your core, your legs or your butt, there is a workout for you!   Core Workouts Try out this starter core workout: ·      1 minute plank ·      10 burpees ·      30 second side plank ·      10 burpees ·      30 second side plank (on the other side) READ MORE

8 Refreshing Drinks You Must Try This Summer

By Emily Hines
March 16, 2014 - 11:30am

Smoothies If you have been on Pinterest lately you know that smoothies are all the rage! Classics like Strawberry Banana and Banana Peanut Butter are always good go-tos but search Pinterest and you can find some refreshing and unique recipes like these. In a time crunch or don’t have a blender? Java City in KOBC just started serving smoothies; the Mango Guava is just what you need for an afternoon pick-me-up on a hot day! READ MORE

Elon’s 1st Annual Startup Expo

By Sarah M. Smith
March 15, 2014 - 4:30pm

The amount of student activity at Elon is rather extensive. From campus clubs and programs to entrepreneurial endeavors, students keep very busy with their extracurricular activities. However, there doesn’t seem to be an event that showcases all the hard work and endless creativity that Elon students weigh into these start-up ventures. READ MORE

Ten Trendy Foods

By Natalie Khouri
March 15, 2014 - 11:30am

Food. The best word EVER. We all love it, and we all wish it could all be beneficial to our health. It’s basically like none of us will ever get over that stage that we went through as children, when our faces would cringe at the thought of vegetables over dessert. But when you’re confined to dining halls options that overly sweeten, salt, and grease everything, you start to eye healthy options up like the way a child who just got a prize in their Happy Meal does. Well ladies, bikini season in a just a few short months away, and trust me, the time will fly by. These trendy foods are good for toning up, and fighting future diseases. No worries, they’re savorier than they look and sound, too! READ MORE

Top 5 Celebrity Instagram Accounts You Should Be Following

By Alexis Holt
March 14, 2014 - 11:30am

Instagram is currently the most popular photo sharing app out there, and if you’re getting bored of seeing the same people on your feed everyday, here are a few of my personal favorite celebrity accounts to follow (and live vicariously through): @arianagrande  With over 9 million followers, the “new Mariah Carey” is one of my personal favorite celeb Instagram accounts to follow. Ariana does her best to update her fans on her daily activities through her artsy pictures. She posts tons of trendy OOTD’s, as well as pictures of her adorable dogs and her celebrity friends. @mileycyrus  READ MORE