20 Thoughts Freshmen Had During Elon Move-In

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Elon move-in day is something that I had anticipated since the moment digital confetti filled my laptop screen announcing my acceptance to Elon. I planned out every inch of my dorm room, and daydreamed about moving in during all of my four hour shifts of my summer ice cream job. I knew move-in day would bring many mixed emotions, stemmed from sad goodbyes, happy hellos and exciting introductions. Varying thoughts raced through my mind, and I know I’m not alone…. Here are 20 thoughts every freshman had during Elon move-in.

1) Wow everyone here is smiling.    

2) I’m finally home!

3) I have way too much stuff.

4) Ohhhhh the fountains!!! I need a pic!

5) Can I caption this pic “my school is prettier than yours?”

6) No, I probably shouldn’t brag about the literal botanical garden I now call home.

7) Is my mom really hugging me again?

8) I can’t wait to get my acorn

9) This kinda feels like summer camp, but better.

10) OMG I got my Phoenix Card this feels so official!

11) Wow, my photo on the card isn’t as cringe-worthy as I thought.

12) The orientation schedule should have built in nap time.

13) Wait did I seriously lose my room key already?

14) Found the key!!! Phew!!

15) Wow, Danieley is a hike.

16) Is it too early to take a brick?

17) Everyone in this Target definitely goes to Elon.

18) Do I say hi to the fellow Elon Target shoppers?

19) My room looks so cute.

20) I love it here already. Bring on freshman year!

Brooke Galonek is studying Strategic Communications and Marketing at Elon University. She is on the Executive Team of Elon's chapter and has contributed by writing, planning events, and managing social media. Brooke is passionate about digital marketing, event planning, brand positioning, and market research. In the fall of 2019, she will be studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark.