16 Activities to Do this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

1. Farmers market

Head over to a local farmers market for some fresh fruits, vegetables, or other foods. Check out artwork from local artists and walk around!

2. Beach

What is Summer without at least one day at the ocean?! Read a book while you inhale the salty air, dive through the cool waves, take a nap, and play beach volleyball

3. Bike ride around town

There are always new shops, cafes, or sites to see around town, so take a cute bike (by yourself or with friends) and venture around

4. Road trip

Summer is the perfect time for a few day getaway to some nearby (or far away) places that you want to see! Put down the windows and blast your favorite tunes on your trip over. Stop at some cute places along the way and have fun!

5. Pool party

Get some friends together to tan, swim, lay, and listen to music by the pool

6. Brunch

Go over to a nice and fun brunch restaurant close by with some friends or family

7. Picnic

Want to save money? Get a mix of whatever you have in a picnic basket and go to a nice area to share a homemade meal

8. Baseball game

Head to your favorite baseball teams’ stadium to share a soda and have a hot dog while watching the ballgame

9. Hike

Whether you are at the Rocky Mountains or a nearby trail at home, go on a nice walk out in nature!

10. Spa day

Whether it is just you and some friends painting your own nails, or going to a fancy hotel spa, get your friends or family members together for a day of relaxation!

11. Boat ride

There is nothing like a boat ride. The breeze, the smells, and the sun beaming down on you; just being on the water will make you smile.

12. Art project

Go to Michaels or a local arts and crafts store and get some art materials. Set up newspaper on a table in your home or outside and have fun being creative!

13. Firework show (4th of July)

Put on your red, white, and blue and buy a sparkler. Sit outside and watch the wonders of fireworks

14. Water sports (Canoeing, tubing, paddle boarding, skiing, etc)

Either on your boat day, or a new day on the bay or ocean, get on the water!

15. Outdoor concert

Country music, rock n roll, pop, doesn’t matter, get outside on a warm summer night and listen to some great music

16. Sunflower field

Nothing makes me happier than a field of sunflowers. Take pictures, enjoy the beauty, and maybe make a wish.