10 Untraditional Pumpkin Pie Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Thanksgiving is just a few short weeks away, and one thing I know I’m extra thankful for is pumpkin pie. Now, I’m a lover of all things pumpkin spiced—pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin spice ice cream, and pumpkin spice cream cheese…(must I continue?) Ever since I saw the sacredness of a pumpkin pie courtesy of Blair Waldorf and daddy, I’ve cherished the perfectly spiced, ever-so-delicate and fluffy dessert. But as Miss Waldorf also taught us on Thanksgiving, there’s always room for new traditions! No one said that pumpkin pie had to be the same thing every year. Spice up that spiced dessert with one of these delicious recipes that is sure to be a new signature tradition!

Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

Who would’ve thought there was an even better way to incorporate chocolate into another holiday! This triple chocolate pumpkin pie presents your typical cinnamon-coated pumpkin pie with milk chocolate drizzle and a bittersweet chocolate coat. Get chocolate with a high percent of cacao and it’s a healthy pumpkin pie! Check out the recipe here!

Pumpkin Cream Pie

Take your pumpkin pie one step further by making it creamier than ever. If you’re one of those people who love slapping on a hefty spoonful of whipped cream onto your slice of pie, this is the most divine pie for you. Take a shot at this recipe!

Honey-Phyllo Pumpkin Pie

If you have a knack for a sweet tooth, this honey-phyllo pumpkin pie is calling your name already. A whopping amount of honey pumpkin filling complements the brittle phyllo crust and walnut topping. Sounds like such a sweet recipe!

Pumpkin Pie with Pecan-Caramel Topping

Forget chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Pecans are the nut of the season, and these toasted gems give your piecrust flavors like never before. The caramel topping mixes with the spices all too well. Pass me a slice of this!

Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie

A frozen pie…for a holiday as important as Thanksgiving? Blair Waldorf calls blasphemy! Don’t worry, we aren’t talking about the frozen pumpkin pie you give looks of shame to in aisle five. This gingersnap-injected pumpkin pie calls for ice cream, combining two of the best desserts into one! Talk about the best of both worlds!

Mile-High Pumpkin Meringue Tart

How revolting of the meringue to break-up with the lemon this season and get with the pumpkin. Enjoy the lofty meringue topping on top of a molasses-filled pumpkin pie for an irresistible taste. Pumpkin meringue: 1. Lemon meringue: 0.

Pumpkin Cheesecake with Pecan Praline Topping

Imagine a world where there was a pumpkin cheesecake with a topping so delightful, so warm, so gooey, so perfect. Imagine it? Good. You’ve just imagined the pecan praline topping that gives your pumpkin cheesecake the nutty topping it deserves. Dine like a real Southerner when you add this buttery and sugary deliciousness to your traditional cheesecake.

Pumpkin Ginger Cheesecake

Experience some gingery-goodness in your pumpkin cheesecake. The more spices, the merrier, am I right? If you’re looking for something sweet and spicy at the same time, this is the way to go. Not to mention the fact that the ginger/pumpkin combination gives some great décor to the top of your pie to make it the real table-topper of the season!

Pumpkin Coconut Tart

Bring some of that tropical taste to your holiday pumpkin tart this season with an untraditional Thanksgiving nut: the coconut! Infused with classic dark rum, coconut milk, ginger and cloves, this pumpkin tart combines unlikely flavors to bring a taste you’ll want to savor forever.

Easy Eggnog Pumpkin Pie

This low-calorie eggnog pumpkin pie recipe really knows how to ring in the holidays with a bang! Combining the Thanksgiving pumpkin staple with the Christmas eggnog flavor, this dish is sure to make your guests nostalgic with holiday childhood memories. Cheers and bon appétit all in one!

Do you have any untraditional pumpkin pie recipes this season? Share them with us!