10 TV Shows Coming Your Way this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

The Flash

When: Oct. 7, 8:00 p.m.

Where: The CW

Why: Elon’s very own Grant Gustin plays the main character, the Flash, in CW’s newest fall show. The show tells you the story of the superhero and his fight to protect Central City and uncover the truth about his mother’s murder.

Gotham

When: Sept. 22, 9:00 p.m.

Where: Fox

Why: The O.C.’s Ryan Atwood is back ladies, and this time stronger than ever. Gotham follows the story of Commissioner James Gordon, Bruce Wayne, and other Batman favorites in their early days, before the story we all know and love.  

Happyland

When: Sept. 30, 11:00 p.m.

Where: MTV

Why: This is MTV’s new show to watch! Have you ever wonder what it would be like to work at an amusement park? Lucy has been raised in the park her whole life. She has tried everything in her power to escape amusement park life… that is, until new employee Ian comes in and sweeps her of her feet.

How to Get Away with Murder

When: Sept. 25, 10:00 p.m.

Where: ABC

Why: A new show is coming to Shondra Rhimes’ Thursday lineup. As the creator of Scandal and Grey’s Anatomy, we trust this new addition will keep you  on the edge of your seat this fall. Professor Annalise Keating and students of her course “How to get away with murder,” are not like any other law school class. Whether they realize it or not, they will all soon become entangled in a racy murder plot.

Jane the Virgin

When: Oct. 13, 9:00 p.m.

Where: The CW

Why: Jane has been saving herself for marriage since she was raised in a Catholic Latina house. On what should have been a check-up visit to the gynecologist, a mishap led her to become artificially inseminated with none other but the sperm of her gorgeous ex-boyfriend.

Kingdom

When: Oct. 8, 9:00 p.m.

Where: DirectTV

Why: This series follows the dramatic life of the Kulina’s, a family that lives around Mixed Martial Arts. Alvey Kulina, MMA legend and owner of gym in Venice, Calif., has to balance life with both his drug addict son and his prizefighter son (NICK JONAS!). If you love to see shirtless men fight, then this is your new go-to show.

Manhattan Love Story

When: Sept. 30, 8:30 p.m.

Where: ABC

Why: Have you ever wonder what a guy thinks during a first date, or any point in a relationship? Well in this show you will follow the relationship of super player, Peter (Evan from GREEK!), and shopaholic, Dana. Viewers will be in their heads and hear everything they think during their relationship, and laugh at all the nonsense they think about.

The Mysteries of Laura

When: Oct. 8, 8:00 p.m.

Where: NBC

Why: Laura is brilliant NYPD homicide detective who must balance life between her high-profile job and her crazy family, including her two mischievous twins and a soon-to-be ex-husband.

Red Band Society

When: Sept. 17, 9:00 p.m.

Where: FOX

Why: Red Band Society tells the story of the new Breakfast Club, a group of friends that only have one thing in common – living in the cancer ward of the hospital. They all must band together for life.

Selfie

When: Sept. 30, 8:00 p.m.

Where: ABC

Why: Eliza was an Insta-Famous, self-centered, lover of technology. After an embarrassing video of her got out, she decides to change and revamp her image in the real world. This laugh-out-loud comedy stars Eliza and her new best friend Henry, who will help rebrand her image and bring her back to reality. 

Elon University Class of 2016San Juan, Puerto Rico