10 Things I’ll Miss About Elon This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Photo Courtesy: Elon University

With only one week left until summer, I can’t help but have a pit in my stomach thinking about all the things I’ll miss about Elon. Yes, it has been a long year, and it’s hard to believe I’m finishing my freshman year of college, but as I look back on this year, I realize all the amazing things I’ve come across that Elon offers.

1. Having My Best Friends Down The Hall-

Whether I need advice on an outfit, help on schoolwork or just someone to talk to – all of my friends are right next to me in Carolina. I’ve come to realize that this is something that I’ve gotten used to throughout my freshman year, and I may never live in the same building as this many of my friends again.

2. 44 Different Closets At My Dispense-

Not only does Carolina house the majority of my friends it in, but it is also home to  their closets. No matter the occasion, no one worried about not finding an outfit because that was pretty much impossible when you had so many options to choose from.

3. Daily Trips to Oak House-

Whether I needed a place to study or a hot coffee to calm my nerves, Oak House never failed to reach my expectations. The atmosphere and low- key vibes always made for a relaxing and enjoyable time.

4. The Views-

No matter which corner I turned or path I crossed at Elon, there was always something that caught my eye. Whether it was the newly planted flowers, the multiple fountains or just the general atmosphere at Elon, the beauty never failed to shine through.

5. Late Night-

When those late night hungry horrors started to kick in on the weekends, my friends and I could always count on the greasy, fried, caloric meals Late Night provided. Although we may have regretted it in the morning, Late Night was always worth it.

6. Sunny Saturdays and Slip ‘N Slides-

No matter how long or stressful the week had been, there were always Saturdays to look forward to. When the sun was shining and the slip ‘n slides were out, everyone knew it would be a good weekend. The stress of the week was behind us and we would all be surrounded by our closest friends.

7. Being Outside-

As the sun began to shine more and days grew longer, I found myself spending hours on end outside. Whether it was laying out with friends, reading, or going on runs, Elon has a special nook, path, or space to feel comfortable.

8. Not Being Forced to Drive-

Although having a car at Elon is a pure luxury, it’s nice knowing that we don’t necessarily need to drive anywhere. We have all our main necessities at our fingertips with just a short walk away.

9. Sunday Night Catch Ups-

When Sundays finally rolled around and we realized our weekends have come to an end, our weekly talks began. We’d talk about the highs and lows, goods and bads, and everything in between.

10. The People-

During this past year at Elon I have met some of the most amazing, caring and selfless people. Going into my freshman year of college I never thought I would make such great friends so quickly. One of the reasons I love Elon so much is because of the people it attracts. This summer will be so strange waking up and knowing some of my best friends are across the country. Although it will be hard, it will make me even more excited to come back in the fall.

Elon University Class of 2019 Tuftonboro, New Hampshire Entrepreneurship & Management Major