jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons Fall is the Best Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

1. The Weather

Let’s be real, fall weather is fantastic. You can comfortably wear jeans, boots and a cute sweater and you are ready for your day. Typically, the temperature is cool, but not so cold that you feel like your face will freeze off! Fall weather is the bomb.com because you can comfortably exercise outside without sweating so much you feel like you lost all your water weight, or so cold that your toes went numb.

2.  The Fashion

Who doesn’t love wearing cozy and utterly cute sweaters and boots? Oh my gosh, it is amazing! My favorite fall weather attire includes knit sweaters, ripped jeans, tall boots with boot socks. I also enjoy seeing others’ fall outfits on campus. I don’t know about you, but people at Elizabethtown College know how to dress when the weather changes. A really adorable way to do your hair for the season is to French braid your hair into single or double braids. If you don’t know how to do this (like myself), ask a friend to do it for you! I think French braids match fall clothes really well. Another super cute look is to wear skirts, tights, boots, and a jean jacket. This is a simple, but fashionable choice for fall.

3. Pumpkins

Pumpkins are a fabulous way to spruce up your dorm room! They are bright, cheerful, and completely fall festive. There are lots of fun fall-related activities you can do with your girlfriends. You can pick pumpkins together, decorate, carve, or paint them, or bake pumpkin seeds. You can also have a party revolving around pumpkins and buy/make only pumpkin foods such as pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cupcakes and pumpkin spice lattes. You can enjoy a relaxing and fun fall weekend with your best girlfriends without spending a lot of money.

4. Halloween

Halloween is a way to express your “spooky” side. If you like witches, haunted houses and being scared, visit a local haunted home or attraction area. Near my college, we have a place called “The Field of Screams.” It is the number one haunted attraction place in Pennsylvania. So if you’re into all things scary, this is your cup of spooky. There are four different attractions filled with creepy and sinister actors dressed in attire that is frightening enough to chill your bones. Be aware that when you buy your ticket, you are giving the actors permission to touch you. If this is not your style, then please refrain from submitting yourself to emotional torture. Halloween is also known for trick-or-treating. Who doesn’t love candy? Some of the especially sweet people on my floor put out candy during the month of October. Isn’t that awesome? Make your dorm floor’s day and put out some candy. :) You’re never too old to enjoy sweet treats!

5. Thanksgiving

My personal favorite part of fall is Thanksgiving! I love spending time with family, friends and my dogs. Nothing is nicer than going home after a stressful and taxing time at college. As much as we love being collegiettes, we all need some rest, home-cooked meals and time away from homework in the comfort of our own homes. Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday in my opinion for various reasons. The best part is spending time with my family and relatives. It is always so nice to see them. They always ask me about college, my classes and just things that I’m doing. I love hearing their stories and sharing my own. My second favorite part of the holiday is watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The parade is three hours long, with an hour-long pre-show section. It sounds dreadfully long, but I absolutely love it. Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade happens annually in New York City. I have never been, but I have watched it every year since I was a child. I highly recommend putting it on, and even just having it as background noise. There may be some singers you like, or interesting floats! Last but not least, the food. Thanksgiving is a lot of work for the chefs, but I can assure you we all appreciate your efforts! Try something new this year, and take on one new entree for Thanksgiving. Who knows, maybe you’ll start a new tradition of Thanksgiving dishes.

Happy fall and keep on shining ladies!

Kristen Wade

Elizabethtown '19

Kristen Wade is a senior Communications major with a concentration in PR and a minor in Graphic Design at Elizabethtown College. Kristen loves hiking, shopping, and baking. After graduation, Kristen hopes to work in digital marketing.