We Know The 10 Things You Owned In 2008

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

Twilight found its way into our middle school hearts when it released in 2008. If you haven’t been living under a rock, you know the film is about a small town inhabited by werewolves and vampires. An angsty girl named Bella Swan moves into town only to fall head over heels for a vampire. An action packed love story is blossomed which turned into five different films altogether grossing about $552,911,790 in the Worldwide Box Office. Not to mention all of the fan merchandise we all so graciously swiped up. Don’t lie, everyone had a team Edward or Jacob shirt. If you don’t feel old yet, just take a look at all of this Twilight merchandise that pretty much was owned by every middle school girl in 2008.

1. A team shirt that stated you were either: Team Edward, Team Jacob or Team Switzerland.

2. The Twilight soundtrack because who didn’t want to listen to Paramore all day everyday or miss the chance to hear an original piece by Robert Pattinson.

3. A Twilight bag to store all of your merchandise in.

4. The Cullen family pendant to show whose clan you really belonged to.

5. If you were a really big fan of a certain character then you had their life-size cutout.

6. Of course, the best arm candy was the bracelet Bella wore.

7. You obviously got every Twilight magazine or book and put up every free poster they provided you.

8. The Twilight game for whenever you and your friends had a sleepover. 

9. The collectable Twilight action figures.

10. Finally, anything you couldn’t find you could visit Hot Topic and have your thirst quenched with Twilight merchandise.

While Twilight released 10 years ago one can’t help but miss their middle school days where the biggest problem was if your friend was Team Jacob and not Team Edward. Time will tell if Stephanie Meyer will write another book, maybe about the daughter? There still may be hope twihards.