freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

How Single College Girl’s Should Celebrate Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

A lot of people say Valentine’s Day is singles awareness day. I wholeheartedly disagree. While I cannot say I appreciate the over advertising and marketing of V-day. Though I have never been in a relationship on Valentine’s day I cannot say I hate it. There are so many people I love that are worth acknowledging on this day, and even if I am single for the rest of my life I will probably still celebrate on the day of love. I plan on going out and spreading love as thick as peanut butter today.

Valentines Day is a day of celebration rather than a day of disappointment. This is something I am trying to show my single friends. Now is the time to celebrate yourself and those who love you. Life is about loving others, loving your passions, and loving yourself. Here are some things for my single college friends to do on Valentine’s Day.

Don’t Compare Yourselves

I would rather be single for the rest of my life than be in a relationship with someone I am not fully committed to. Many people I know don’t even like the relationship they are in, but they are terrified to be alone. I am not. I don’t mind being alone, and by reading this I am assuming you don’t mind it either. Social media is a liar when it comes to relationships. I may think two people have a perfect relationship online, but in real life it is a mess.

Treat Yourself

You don’t need another person to treat you to a nice dinner or a gift, do it for yourself. I bought myself a care package full of snacks to receive on Valentine’s Day. Yes, I spent way to much money on it but I don’t even regret it. It is important to love yourself and treat yourself with kindness. Because if you don’t love yourself, how can you expect anyone else to love you one day.

Show Love and Kindness To Others

Buy a cup of coffee for the person behind you in the line at Starbucks. Showing random acts of kindness to people always fills me with joy. Displaying love to others can feel good even if nothing is expected in return. I also wrote cards to several of my friends and family to remind them how much I love them.They totally deserve some recognition for putting up with me all these years, and I am so grateful for them.

Remember you are a Queen

You are a queen just the way you are don’t think for a second you are alone on this day because of some flaw you have. Sometimes it takes people a longer time than others to find one another, but that doesn’t mean you are worth any less. Don’t settle for anything less, but a King to rule beside your Queenship.

Above All Celebrate

I have spent too much time wishing my years ahead. When I was in middle school, I wanted to be in high school. When I was in high school, I wanted to be in college. Now that I am in college I want to be exactly where I am. I never want to wish my time away. Celebrate this time of year on this day of love with reverence. Enjoy the time you have with girlfriends and the fam. Get out there and celebrate girly.

Love,

Morgan

Inspiring others to be MORE by living life with enthusiasm, seeing the beauty in simplicity, and adopting a generosity of spirit. My goal is that other college students and people who have a longing for a deeper meaning to their life will be inspired to become all they want to be through the lessormorgan movement. Hi, My name is Morgan Murray. My biggest aspiration is to become an inspirational speaker. I am a communciations major and Leadership minor at ECU. I love Chipotle, my fish Enrique, hiking, photography, writing, speaking, yoga, singing, and running.