‘Fixer Upper’ coming to a close

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

Tuesday, Sept. 26, Chip and Joanna Gaines announced that “Fixer Upper” will be coming to a close. The hit HGTV show will wrap up after season five, which will air in November. The show first aired in 2013 and has featured over 63 episodes. Each season the Gaines family has helped families gain their dream homes. While Fixer Upper may be ending, the Gaines family has promised that their days of renovating are not over.

“We aren’t done renovating homes. We aren’t done designing things to make your home your favorite place on earth. We aren’t done working towards restoration in all things or helping out those who could use a hand. In fact, in all of these things, we are just getting started,” Joanna Gaines said in a blog post. “Our family is healthy and our marriage has honestly never been stronger. This has nothing to do with a fraudulent skincare line or anything else you’ll inevitably read. This is just us recognizing that we need to catch our breath for a moment. Our plan is to take this time to shore up and strengthen the spots that are weak, rest the places that are tired and give lots of love and attention to both our family and our businesses. “

The couple has definitely been busy. They recently announced they will be opening a restaurant called Magnolia Table. This past weekend Joanna shared a photo to Instagram where she announced that a cookbook is in the works. The couple also has partnered with Target and Bed Bath & Beyond,where they will be selling bedding, cookware and other accessories that are inspired by their Magnolia Market.

“Who knows what the future holds, but we’re excited for whatever is around the bend and in the meantime, we will definitely be staying in touch,” Gaines said. While we have to say goodbye to the show, we will not have to say goodbye to the Gaines family. Just know Gaines family, you have your fans on the edge of their seats waiting eagerly for what you will do next!