This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

As a freshman at Eckerd, Toga is almost like an initiation of sorts, from finding the perfect fabric for your toga to finding out just how much glitter you can have on your body at once.  Toga is Kappa’s first big party of the year, and also Eckerd’s first theme party once everyone is back on campus.  According to some of the upper classmen the main part of Toga normally occurs in the court yard of the Kappa Complex, however this year it was moved to the edge of Kappa field.  Toga contained a live band, glitter, a DJ, glitter, fireworks, and a little more glitter.  Getting ready for Toga for many of the students who aren’t too keen on the party life is the best part of the night.  As someone who lives in an all-girls dorm, there was nothing better than spending the day with the girls on my floor figuring out how we would tie our togas, and do our hair and makeup.  For the partiers on campus, this was just the beginning, followed by a long night of dancing and being glitter bombed.  

For the party-keen students the next morning is not quite so glamourous, especially those who live in Kappa.  Dirty bathrooms, awkward encounters, glitter covered bodies and beds, accompanied by headaches and sleeping in are all part of the experience, along with trying to remember exactly what happened the night before.  For those not so into the party life their mornings are often filled with nursing their hungover friends and kicking their sexiled friends our and back to their own rooms.  With my dorm being as close as they are, our morning consisted of sitting in a circle with our coffees and leftover pizza while trading stories and pictures from the night before accompanied by a lot of laughter.  

Regardless of how you spent your Toga night, or the next morning, hopefully you had a great night and a not too awful morning! Remember EC just be you and party your way!

Makenzie is a freshman at Eckerd College in St Petersburg, Fl, where she majors in Marine Science and Communications.  Makenzie is a pretty big sports fan and a die-hard Buckeye since she grew up in the Heart of It All (AKA Ohio).  Makenzie enjoys long walks on the campus beach, late night adventures searching for Stumpy (the aligator on campus) and driving her friends crazy with stupid puns and corny pickup lines (that have never worked).