This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Spring/Summer Hair Styles of 2014

Loose wave

Laid back loose waves are in this season. This look is achieved easily by slightly wetting then braiding the hair into a few large braids and leaving them in overnight. Unbraiding the braids and slightly tousling them will give them a slight bounce. The middle part is also very popular with the loose wave hair style. The style goes perfect with the bohemian spring style that is also mentioned in a previous article titled “Latest Trends: Spring Shoes 2014.”  This look is also similar to the beach wave. Messy waves are more common when the waves are smaller and thinner. Tousling the hair a bit can help the slightly messy but fun look become a cute casual look. A lot of celebrities have been wearing this style lately.

Low Ponytail

Another hairstyle that has become popular recently is the low ponytail. This style is a sleek and classy staple to professional dress outfits. Generally there is a part in either the middle or side of the head while the sides are evenly slicked down. The ponytail is generally secured at the nape of the neck. A glossy finish makes the hairstyle look chic. To make this look softer, gently move the ponytail from left to right before tying the hairband.

Super- Straight

For spring and summer the super-straight hairstyle has surfaced.  This is a super simple style. Simply blow dry the hair instead of straightening it. With this technique the look isn’t too harsh and is rather wispy and softer looking. As for the part, the middle part seems to be the most widely used. With the middle part the hair can frame the face regardless of the face shape.