Her Campus Eckerd Features

• Carve or Be Carved

Carve or be Carved This is a little late but the annual pumpkin carving contest at Eckerd College took place on Wednesday Oct. 29 at 4 p.m...

• The CMA Awards

The CMA Awards It’s that time of year again for big hair, sparkling dresses, and cowboy boots! It’s the Country Music Awards! Did you vote...

• Turtle Talk!

Turtle Talk Although turtles have been the subjects of numerous research projects for centuries it is only recently that we have discovered...

• Refuge at Hurricane Hole

Refuge at Hurricane Hole In the red mangroves of Hurricane Hole, St. John, corals are finding refuge from climate change. Climate change is...

• Festival of Hope 2014

Every year, as many know, the seniors of Eckerd College partake in a course entitled Quest For Meaning (QFM). This course is an opportunity...

• Hurricane Season

Hurricane Season Hello fellow Eckerdians! Just so you know or may have noticed it is in fact hurricane season. This week’s rain status has...

• The Ebola Outbreak!

EBOLA, What next? The recent Ebola breakout is the worst recorded in history and also the first to occur in West Africa where it is...

• Blood Aging

New studies published in Nature Medicine and Science shows that transfusing elderly mice with younger blood helped improve endurance,...

• Blood Moon

“Blood Moon” Monday (April 14th) night into Tuesday (April 15th) morning was this year’s first total lunar eclipse. In fact this past lunar...

• Sea Otters Can Get The Flu, Too

Sea Otters Can Get The Flu, Too The infamous H1N1 flu virus that cased the worldwide flu pandemic in humans in 2009 has resurfaced once...

• Planimals?

Planimals? Until now, what we most commonly know as a sea anemone has been classified as an animal, but recent research shows that this...

• Real Life “Lost”

Real Life “Lost” By: Alexandra Zimmer Around March 8th the Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 disappeared while on route from Kuala Lumpur to...

• Python Navigation

Python Navigation Dr. Shannon Pittman, a postdoctoral fellow at Davidson College is studying the navigation abilities of the Burmese Python...

We Recommend

From Around The Web

User login

SheKnows Media – Beauty & Style