Campus Fashionista Mackenna Cummings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Sitting down with Mackenna, dressed in a pretty blue top and cut-off shorts, she was looking fashionable without even trying. A junior here at Eckerd College, Mackenna Cummings is always rockin’ a cute look. Originally from Riverside, California, Mackenna says her older sister inspired her growing up. “We wore uniforms in high school so we couldn’t be very individual, but my sister always managed to do something to make it hers”. You’ll often see Mackenna channeling an innocent, girly look. Lots of flowy tops and bright colors are her thing. While studying abroad in London last semester, Mackenna said she “didn’t really like the style in England, people never wore any bright colors”. When asked what her favorite item in her closet was? “My cowboy boots! I wanted them for a really long time and finally found the perfect pair”. She classifies herself as a vitange girl, though she really has a thing for Nordstrom along with small boutiques. “There’s this little boutique back home called Lux that I really like”. While Mackenna often sways toward the color blue in her clothes, she says her staple item in her closet is “this off the shoulder tee with this girl on the front. No matter what you pair it with, it’ll look cute”.

A trend she’s loving right now? “high-waisted bottoms-skirts or pants! Also, bandeau and muscle tanks” she’s got a few of each! Finally, I had to ask: WHAT is your opinion of the fashion (or lack thereof) here at Eckerd College? I got a very unexpected response. “I’m not a fan of people wearing pj’s to class or anything, but that’s any school-not just Eckerd. I really like how individual everyone is here and how they choose to express that through what they wear. You can really tell a lot about a person by the way they dress”.

There you have it! There’s no doubt about it, Mackenna is her own kind of fashionista.