Campus Cutie: Nikita Goldenberg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Nikita Goldenberg

Hometown: St. Pete “the dirty berg”

Relationship status: Single

Major: International Relations with a minor in Psychology 

How do you like Eckerd College?

At first I didn’t really like it. The first weeks were kind of tough since I’m from St. Pete so it wasn’t a big change for me. And I had thoughts that I might transfer. But then I started to meet more people, get to know my professors, and know what Eckerd is really about. So as we wrap up first semester, I think I’ve really found my way here.

What is your most memorable experience so far?

A debate I had in my international relations class. We were talking about the American military influence and modern examples, and we brought up Syria and the Russian conflict.  I started talking about Russia’s point of view and the kids were looking at me like I was crazy, but the professor gave me a look with a smile that kind of said, “Nikita I think you’re right.” That just gave me a really good feeling.

What’s your favorite thing to do in St. Petersburg?

I like to play golf and I like to go to the beach. We go to the Postcard Inn when my friends from USF or UT come back. I also like to go to Bucks games now that they’re doing better.

What’s your favorite movie/show?

Good Fellas and House of Cards.  

If you could have any super power, what would it be?

The power to be invisible because I could do a lot of mischievous things.  

If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would you want to have seen?

I would have loved to see JFK’s inogural speech because that’s when he talked about his plan in 10 years or less about putting someone on the moon & they did it before.

If you could wake up tomorrow in someone else’s body, who would you pick and what would you do?

I would be President Putin of Russia and I would try to mediate political and economic tension between US and Russia.

Do you have any fun facts?

I speak Russian. I’ve also met Michael Jordan in a restaurant in New York, that was cool. 

Alexis Giordano is a junior at Eckerd College where she is majoring in Psychology with a pre-health track. She became interested in physical rehabilitation when she experienced a neck injury as a child and is now planning on getting her masters for occupational therapy. She has gained communication and leadership skills throughout two main internships during her college career, and has developed a deep care for people. In the future, she hopes to work in the neonate intensive care unit as an occupational therapist and help parents effectively interact with their ill or premature babies while understanding the sensitivity of the situation.